MS SQL & MongoDB Database Administrator
Long Term Contract
USC & GC Only
The Database operations team looking for a Database Administrator Specialist to provide database production support in a fast-paced operations environment supporting 24x7 business critical applications using backend MS-SQL & MongoDB database platforms. Database Administrator will be responsible to provide database administration support that includes production support, database deployment, upgrade, patching, backup & recovery operations, performance tuning, off-hours and on-call support for variety of enterprise servers & aligned critical services.
- More than 7-10 years of experience working as senior database administration DBA position
- Experience in working with MS-SQL versions 2008/2012/2014, MongoDB versions v3.x
- Experience in installation, configuration and migration with both MS-SQL & MongoDB database platforms
- Good understanding of SQL internals and optimizer functioning and ability to apply the skills to trouble-shoot real time production issues
- Good understanding of Ops Manager for Mongo and ability to navigate & troubleshoot issues & resolutions.
- Strong performance tuning skills incl. query optimization and server tuning in both SQL & Mongo platforms
- Solid understanding of Cloud offerings i.e. AWS and any supporting migration experience is a plus.
- Provide deployment support for database objects in production and test environment
- Provide 24/7 on call production support on a rotation basis.
- Prior experience in migration between core platforms and database i.e. Sybase/SQL to Mongo platform.
- Be able to independently plan and execute large database migration projects
- Experience in replication setup, backup & recovery of core database technologies i.e. SQL & MongoDB.
- Experience with standard database monitoring tools such as Quest -Foglight/spotlight or similar.
- Familiar with technologies like VMware/VMHA, SRDF and SRM used for database HA & DR solutions
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise wide disaster recovery activities.
- Effective verbal and writing communication skills.
- Good scripting skills on both Unix and/or Windows platform
- Experience working on Virtual platform using VMware and vSphere.
- Good understanding of Disaster Recovery setup and experience supporting business continuity exercises.
- Any experience with data encryption at enterprise level.
- Vendor certification with Microsoft / AWS product offerings.
Job Type: Contract
- MongoDB versions v3.x: 3 years (Required)
- SQL Server DBA: 5 years (Required)
- Database Administrator: 10 years (Required)