The CDM Program is managed within the DHS National Protection and Programs Directorate, (NPPD)/Office of Cybersecurity and Communications (CS&C)/Network Security Deployment (NSD) Division, responsible for enhancing the security, resilience, and reliability of the Nation’s cyber and communications infrastructure. The DHS CDM Program mission is to safeguard and secure cyberspace in an environment where the threat of cyber-attack is continuously growing and evolving. The CDM Program defends the United States (U.S.) Federal Information Technology (IT) networks from cybersecurity threats by providing continuous monitoring sensors (tools), diagnosis, mitigation tools, and associated services to strengthen the security posture of Government networks.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Under the CDM Defend A contract, CACI provides Tier II and Tier III Service desk support for the CDM Stack. This role is the lead Tier II role for everything but the Dashboard. It reports to the overall Tier II/III Support Manager and leads a team of up to 8. CACI is NOT responsible for Tier I Service Desk support, however the Tier I provider will be escalating tickets to CACI for resolution. You will be relying on a Knowledge Management System for ticket resolution. However, problems faced may be difficult and sometimes complex. Specifically:
- Conduct O&M for the CDM Solution, including the installed suite of Area A CDM tools and sensors; performing patching, upgrades, and replacement of failed components as required
- Provide remote operations and management of servers
- Perform in-depth troubleshooting, coordinating escalation of issues to Tier III and Dashboard services provider
- Create and monitor environmental operational status and utilization
- Provision or decommission servers and virtual machines to meet capacity and utilization needs
- Implement the Service Operations Handbook and knowledge articles to provide remote operations support to dashboard and CDM solution
- Escalate dashboard issues to the Tier III System Administration Services Provider according to procedures defined in the MOA
- Document and track all issues using ticket tracking mechanism, providing recommendations to improve the Service Operations Handbook and FAQs
More About the Role:
- Prepare status reports at least weekly and monthly and complete other reporting requirements as required
- Provide QA for team member’s work
- Responsible for developing, coordinating and maintaining the relevant portions of the Service Operations Handbook and holding team members accountable for following published SOPs.
- Track and report on team’s performance via formal performance metrics
- Coordinate and lead outage or security incident responses related to the components of the CDM Solution
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be clearable to a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) EOD clearance. Active clearance preferred.
- 5+ years of IT experience, including Help Desk or Service Desk experience
- 3+ years of systems application troubleshooting experience
- Experience with Service Now and/or Remedy Ticket Management Systems
- Familiar with ITIL processes
- Must be able to support 8:00am-6:00pm help desk hours within staggered shift work Monday-Friday and possible on-call duties. This position may support a 24x7 shift schedule in the future.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Active DHS EOD or DoD Security Clearance preferred
- Security+ Certification
- Experience providing server support in a Linux/Unix environment preferred
- Security System Application Help Desk or Service Desk experience preferred
Experience deploying, configuring and/or troubleshooting one or more of the following highly preferred:
- McAfee ePO/Policy Auditor
- Retina Security Scanner
- Tenable Nessus
- Clear and proven communicator. Must be able to work well in an environment where they are facilitating a large group of government and other contractor personnel to achieve a common goal.
- Detail oriented – must be able to recognize critical elements of successful operations and then hold themselves accountable for meeting those critical elements.
- 1+ years of experience in a Help Desk or Service Desk Lead or Manager role
- Flexibility – The environment is very dynamic. You will be expected to keep up with the changing environment while ensuring a high level of operational effectiveness
- Team Player – This role is part of a much larger team. You will be expected to support the overall Operations Team and Team CACI’s mission.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
We are seeking an Azure Cloud Infrastructure DevOps Engineer on a short term contract basis. The initial contract will be three days per week for three weeks.
You will be joining the KCOM team that is being formed for this engagement. The customer is a large public sector organisation located an hour south of central London.
This customer is about to embark on an Azure migration and requires assistance around the build and deployment of the supporting infrastructure. You will help validate their choice of tooling and help get them started as they commence the build and deployment of the landing zone into which their services will be migrated. It is of upmost importance to our customer that they utilise best practices from the start. The customer has used Azure previously, so has a good understanding of public cloud.
We are looking for someone who embraces and evangelises DevOps concepts of automation and repeatability yet is also capable of being hands-on in building and delivering those concepts.
You will therefore have a strong hands-on Azure build and deployment background and will be able to advise the customer based upon experience. Key skills include the use of Terraform, ARM templates, PowerShell, version control (using Git) and experience deploying Azure infrastructure with Azure DevOps (VSTS). We are looking for an individual who has used these technologies successfully on enterprise projects. As part of the interview process we will require the candidate to partake in a hands-on practical test on the use of these technologies.
In addition to the hands-on aspect of this role, you will need to be able to present findings and recommendations clearly and concisely to the customer, both verbally and through presentations and documentation. You will therefore need strong spoken and written English skills.
As part of this engagement you will be working on-site with the customer. There may be some limited opportunity for remote working on some days of the engagement. We are looking for an individual who is pragmatic, approachable, proactive, collaborative, and flexible (as the customer’s requirements may change throughout the engagement).
This is an exciting opportunity with a high profile, public sector organisation. The successful delivery of the first phase of consultancy may result in further engagements.
- Deep technical experience in infrastructure design, build and deployment, including private and public cloud, networking, connectivity, storage, virtualisation and identity
- Implementation of Azure networking for enterprise organisations
- Build of hybrid environments to span existing customer networks and Azure
- Securing, managing and monitoring Azure environments
- Experience building and deploying resilient Azure cloud architectures
- Experience of migration and modernisation of workloads from customers’ on-prem data centres to Azure
- Well versed in Windows and has the skills and confidence to learn and work on Linux when needed
- Experienced in the use of Azure platform services to create born in the cloud PaaS solutions
- Experience building and deploying Azure resources using IaC
- Experience with the Azure CLI, PowerShell/Azure PowerShell and the Azure Portal
- Writing and deploying ARM templates
- Writing and deploying infrastructure using Terraform
- Testing templates (using Pester and Terratest)
- Experience with configuration management and automation technologies such as PowerShell DSC, Chef and Puppet
- Creating and managing CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Azure DevOps (VSTS) to deploy both infrastructure and applications
- Experience of version control systems such as Azure DevOps (VSTS) and Git
- Azure Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks, ExpressRoute, Azure Active Directory, AD Connect, Operations Management Suite/Log Analytics, Azure Monitor, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup, Azure App Services, Azure Storage, Azure Import/Export, Azure SQL Server, MySQL, Azure Automation
- Active Directory
- Bash experience
- Exposure to other cloud providers such as AWS or GCP
- Docker and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
- Experience with serverless deployment, maintenance and associated tool chain
- Working knowledge of ITIL disciplines
- Ability to maximise knowledge transfer through the production of high quality process documentation
- Strong adoption of automation philosophies
- Delivery focused with the ability to drive tasks forward and meet demanding deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem investigation and diagnosis skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people internally and externally
- A willingness to be flexible in terms of location, hours and types of work undertaken
70-533 Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions and/or AZ-100 Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Deployment and AZ-101 Microsoft Azure Integration and Security.