- Web applications are developed per client’s request.
- Telephone data is collected daily from multiple data sources with a variety of data types. The warehouse contains approximately five terabytes of data and collects approximately 30 gigabytes of data each week. The project is currently operating at Configuration Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) Level 3.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting software development and oversight within a complex enterprise environment with ASP.net that provides an accelerated, and accurate, solution delivery across multiple simultaneous active projects, in a traditional waterfall.
- The products provided to the client are in either Microsoft Excel or HTML. The client's vision is to convert to an agile .Net environment.
- This role requires comprehensive SDLC understanding and demonstrated successes tailoring corporate level SDLC to be in compliance with customer SDLC and ability to conform to established procedures. The team is currently functioning under Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), Level 3 Responsibilities also include providing technical guidance, advising, and mentoring staff for new report development techniques and technologies such as Agile framework supported by rapid development methodologies, applying security principles, implementing new .Net APIs, and preparing and presenting reports to Government staff and to the program’s Program Manager.
- Long-term opportunity with a federal subcontractor on a project that involves creatively rebuilding the application from ground zero.
- Above average pay.
- Long-term contracted engagement with highly skilled and dedicated co-workers.
- Learning opportunities.
- Support the design and development of a new environment based on ASP.Net and SQL Server 2014 implementation.
- Support and create reports with SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Support and create data flows with SQL Server Integration Services and Data Transformation Services.
- Support the implementation of Agile/Scrum practices.
Background and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 5+ years of development experience.
- An additional 2 years of experience in large enterprise environments may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years of experience using ASP and .Net.
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL (environment currently on 2008 upgrading to 2014).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident and be able to pass Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) / medium-Risk federal agency security clearance.
About Wisemen Multimedia
Founded in 2010, we are a minority-owned, small business concern, based in Atlanta, GA. As an enterprise solutions provider, we offer a wide range of consulting and solutions development services designed to help you deploy the right resources at the right time the first time. With decades of experience, our leadership team leverages modern technology and future concepts to deliver our flagship services with excellence. We specialize in helping commercial clients enhance their capabilities while improving operational efficiency, and we champion efforts to help modernize agencies and reduce government burden.
The Geospatial Programs Division at Leidos currently has an opening for a Web Developer supporting the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Alexandria Virginia. This exciting opportunity involves all aspects of developing and maintaining a web based system, built on a Geographic Information System, used to track and analyze Department of Defense Humanitarian Assistance Projects worldwide. This position has the option of teleworking / working remote.
The successful candidate will be responsible for key aspects within the full software development cycle consisting of:
- Requirements - works with external customers to identify, document, and prioritize system requirements
- Design - identifies and analyzes designs, tradeoff considerations, and develops recommendations or adapts existing software to meet requirements, making key considerations for system usability
- Testing - troubleshoots software-related problems, develops repeatable unit tests, identifies issues and recommends solutions
- Deployment -assists in the migration of new/updated software starting with a development enclave, to the staging environment, through to the migration and validation on production servers.
- Maintenance - documents all aspects of the software, provides ongoing support to system administrators, analyze bug reports and deficiencies, document and implement corrective actions.
Additionally the successful candidate will support continuous monitoring activates for ongoing accreditation under the Risk Management Framework. This includes the ongoing collection and analysis of log and event data, looking at records of activity and performing real-time advanced correlation and pattern recognition. Documenting specific changes to hardware, software, and firmware, descriptions of new or modified features/capabilities, and security implementation guidance. Reviews updates to Security Technical Implementation Guides as released by the Defense Information Systems Agency and documents system impacts.
- BS with 4-6 years of experience in computer science or equivalent.
- Secret Clearance
- Ability to work remotely
Experience developing and implementing with the following:
- Microsoft .NET C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, MVC, Razor Pages
- HTML 5
- CSS Preprocessing SASS/LESS
- Version Control: Subversion/Git
- Responsive Web Design
- Web Testing/Debugging
- Browser Developer Tools
- RESTful Services/APIs
- Cross-Browser Development
- Security+ Certification
- Strong Communication Skills - be able to expresses key ideas and obtain tangible feedback from cross-functional team members and stakeholders.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving - identifies risks and problems, and be able to conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to generate and evaluate alternatives and to make recommendations.
As a Software Engineer for the Gemalto NORAM Biometrics team located in Reston, you will provide software development support for existing production based systems and participate in new feature development of our fingerprint recognition systems. You will leverage your experience with C#, .NET, C++, API development with Restful web services, SQL, Oracle and SQL Scripting as well as other tools. You will collaborate with other technical teams as you participate in agile and waterfall projects. You will not only work on enhancing and supporting existing products, but you will also have the opportunity to adapt new technologies to future products. You must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a public trust security clearance.
A week in the life of a Software Engineer:
- You will develop software components for the assigned project.
- You will support the troubleshooting, development and implementation of change requests for existing and new software.
- You will communicate and work directly with the team and customers to collect requirements, ask questions, and provide status.
- You will document new and existing software architectures.
- You will support multiple, simultaneous small- to mid-sized, software development tasks, along with other engineers and management team members.
- You will work closely with the quality assurance team, change/ configuration management team, and other technical and support team members.
- You will provide reporting inputs to internal company management.
- You will estimate the level of effort needed to complete proposed project tasks.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must have: development experience in .Net, C#, C, a good knowledge with Windows, IIS, client & server setup, and familiarity with SQL database and Oracle database and SQL scripts.
- It would be preferred if you have experience in VB.Net, ASP.Net, REST API, and VBA/VB6 scripting (for MS Access), experience in database development for Oracle and MS SQL Server, experience with system administration on Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2012 and forward), Windows Workstation (Windows 7 and Windows 10), experience with simple database administration on Oracle and MS SQL Server, experience in biometric software development, and familiarity with a full development cycle.
- You must be a U.S. citizen with dual citizenship not accepted and be able to obtain a public trust clearance per contract requirements.
- You must be fluent in English.
- We would like someone to join our team who has a positive attitude, is a team player, is willing to learn new technologies, and is able to work with minimum supervision.
- You must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- We are looking for someone with at least 5 years of experience with software development and application support.
- Travel of up to 5% within and outside of the US.
- Apply now before this career opportunity is filled. We look forward to reading your CV!
Employees are required to perform the duties of this position, or any Gemalto position, in compliance with all company policies, procedures, practices, and processes, whether written or verbal, which Gemalto, in its sole discretion, may change periodically, including, but not limited to, those implemented to ensure product, physical plant, information systems and technology security, along withal federal, state and local regulations and public policies. Protect Gemalto assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference. React and help resolve security events or security risks reported by employees. Ensure responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken.
Gemalto, a Thales Company, is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, or other protected group status. We support and apply this policy through a program of affirmative action. This includes special efforts to employ and advance within our organization, qualified members of protected groups. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please direct your inquiries to the Human Resources Department at careers.america @ gemalto.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- software development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- United States (Required)
Location: Chantilly, VA
Positions: Senior .Net Developer
Interview: Two step interview process and IN person interview.
Citizenship: US Citizen ONLY
Our requirement is strong experience in MS .NET development and hosting platforms, as well as experience in client-side scripting for modern responsive web applications.
- Participate in all applications' SDLC phases.
- Build and maintain integration web services applications.
- Participate in large-scale projects to upgrade & modernize the company's multiple proprietary, mission-critical, business sites and integration services.
- Support, maintain and enhance existing and new web applications.
- Support the development and maintenance of SQL Server Report Services (SSRS) & Power BI reports as needed.
- Work with helpdesk team to provide resolution to web applications' related issues.
- Remain current on software technologies through continued education classes and self-learning to ensure maximum job knowledge, efficiency and creativity.
- Four-year college degree in Computer Science or other related technical or engineering discipline.
- Equivalent experience in combination with a MCSD certification in lieu of degree will also be considered.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Must be a US citizen and successfully undergo a background investigation.
- Experience with REACT JS framework.
- Strong SQL 2008+ database design and scripting, performance tuning & normalization.
- Strong analytical thinking, problem-solving, attention to code accuracy & requirements' details.
- Must be self-motivated with ability to learn new technologies quickly and ability to perform tasks with little direction.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaborative work skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- .NET: 1 year (Preferred)