HCH Enterprises is seeking a Senior Application Developer and Solution Architect, to work as part of the Rhode Island State Division of Information Technology (DoIT) Team within the Division of Motor Vehicles, who will work as part of the Application Development and Support function within the DMV/DoIT Programming Staff, reporting to the DoIT RIMS IT Lead. The candidate will assist in the continued development of the custom developed client/server motor vehicle application, RIMS.
The initial contract period will begin approximately July 1, 2019 for 12 months. Additional contract extensions may be requested. This is an on-site position – remote work is not possible.
Respectfully, we request that Corporations do not apply, as we are unable to support Corp to Corp for this position.
- To design, manage, document and provide support for a custom-built client server application in the motor vehicle business domain.
- Design, document and test features of the application. Trouble-shoot and remediate production issues and defects.
- Work as a project lead for the ongoing support of mission critical Division of Motor Vehicle projects such as REAL ID and its components.
- Partner with the motor vehicle system vendor and the state technology resources.
- Partner with municipalities to manage and execute tax blocks and clears, and annual vehicle valuations.
- Work closely with the third-party vendors that interface with the Division of Motor Vehicles, maintaining and cultivating business and technical relationships.
- Monitor, support and maintain the nightly batch process for the Division of Motor Vehicles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (preferred), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Technical Skills include:
- NET Framework 4.0
- C# skills
- Visual Studio
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Database Skills
- HP Agile Manager
- 10+ years of experience as a business system analyst and developer, including business requirement gathering, coding, testing, implementing and documenting new enhancements and system modifications
- 5+ years’ experience with the Agile Methodology.
- 3+ years’ experience with the Agile Manager tool, HPE Agile Manager.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft SQL Databases, SQL Server.
- Understanding of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and SQL Server Management Studio to create and execute data inquiries and reports
- Understanding of modern Software Configuration Management (SCM) such as Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Advanced experience with Visual Studio Code software, PHP language.
- Advanced understanding of testing tools (such as SOAP-UI), unit testing, integration test scripting, manual and automated regression testing and testing methodologies.
- Proficient in batch scheduling tool JAMS (Job Access and Management System). 3+ years’ experience required. Managing, executing, monitoring, resolution management.
- Proficient in PlanetPress document automation application. 3+ years’ experience required. Managing, executing, monitoring, resolution management.
- 5+ years’ experience in government systems, specifically motor vehicle domain (licensing, registration, AAMVA) application as well as Adjudication and Court processes.
- Ability to balance a mix of business skills and technical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
HCH Enterprises, LLC (HCH) is an IT Consulting, Engineering and Technical Services Company, specializing in: Business Analysis; Project/Program Management; Enterprise Architecture; Network Infrastructure Support; System Security; Software and Database Services. Founded in 1986 HCH was incorporated in Rhode Island in 2001. Our mission is to develop and deliver high-value, creative and competitive solutions and services to our government and commercial clients. Our project teams have been providing direct and ongoing technical services and management support in the state of Rhode Island.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- HPE Agile Manager Tool: 3 years (Preferred)
- JAMS (Job Access and Management System): 3 years (Required)
- Agile Methodology: 5 years (Preferred)
- PlanetPress Document Automation Application: 3 years (Required)
- Goverment Systems - Motor Vehicle Domain: 5 years (Required)
- Microsoft SQL Databases: 3 years (Required)
- Business System Analyst and Development: 10 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Providence, RI (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
Last 90 Days
- Web applications are developed per client’s request.
- Telephone data is collected daily from multiple data sources with a variety of data types. The warehouse contains approximately five terabytes of data and collects approximately 30 gigabytes of data each week. The project is currently operating at Configuration Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) Level 3.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting software development and oversight within a complex enterprise environment with ASP.net that provides an accelerated, and accurate, solution delivery across multiple simultaneous active projects, in a traditional waterfall.
- The products provided to the client are in either Microsoft Excel or HTML. The client's vision is to convert to an agile .Net environment.
- This role requires comprehensive SDLC understanding and demonstrated successes tailoring corporate level SDLC to be in compliance with customer SDLC and ability to conform to established procedures. The team is currently functioning under Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), Level 3 Responsibilities also include providing technical guidance, advising, and mentoring staff for new report development techniques and technologies such as Agile framework supported by rapid development methodologies, applying security principles, implementing new .Net APIs, and preparing and presenting reports to Government staff and to the program’s Program Manager.
- Long-term opportunity with a federal subcontractor on a project that involves creatively rebuilding the application from ground zero.
- Above average pay.
- Long-term contracted engagement with highly skilled and dedicated co-workers.
- Learning opportunities.
- Support the design and development of a new environment based on ASP.Net and SQL Server 2014 implementation.
- Support and create reports with SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Support and create data flows with SQL Server Integration Services and Data Transformation Services.
- Support the implementation of Agile/Scrum practices.
Background and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 5+ years of development experience.
- An additional 2 years of experience in large enterprise environments may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years of experience using ASP and .Net.
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL (environment currently on 2008 upgrading to 2014).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident and be able to pass Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) / medium-Risk federal agency security clearance.
About Wisemen Multimedia
Founded in 2010, we are a minority-owned, small business concern, based in Atlanta, GA. As an enterprise solutions provider, we offer a wide range of consulting and solutions development services designed to help you deploy the right resources at the right time the first time. With decades of experience, our leadership team leverages modern technology and future concepts to deliver our flagship services with excellence. We specialize in helping commercial clients enhance their capabilities while improving operational efficiency, and we champion efforts to help modernize agencies and reduce government burden.