- Web applications are developed per client’s request.
- Telephone data is collected daily from multiple data sources with a variety of data types. The warehouse contains approximately five terabytes of data and collects approximately 30 gigabytes of data each week. The project is currently operating at Configuration Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) Level 3.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting software development and oversight within a complex enterprise environment with ASP.net that provides an accelerated, and accurate, solution delivery across multiple simultaneous active projects, in a traditional waterfall.
- The products provided to the client are in either Microsoft Excel or HTML. The client's vision is to convert to an agile .Net environment.
- This role requires comprehensive SDLC understanding and demonstrated successes tailoring corporate level SDLC to be in compliance with customer SDLC and ability to conform to established procedures. The team is currently functioning under Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), Level 3 Responsibilities also include providing technical guidance, advising, and mentoring staff for new report development techniques and technologies such as Agile framework supported by rapid development methodologies, applying security principles, implementing new .Net APIs, and preparing and presenting reports to Government staff and to the program’s Program Manager.
- Long-term opportunity with a federal subcontractor on a project that involves creatively rebuilding the application from ground zero.
- Above average pay.
- Long-term contracted engagement with highly skilled and dedicated co-workers.
- Learning opportunities.
- Support the design and development of a new environment based on ASP.Net and SQL Server 2014 implementation.
- Support and create reports with SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Support and create data flows with SQL Server Integration Services and Data Transformation Services.
- Support the implementation of Agile/Scrum practices.
Background and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 5+ years of development experience.
- An additional 2 years of experience in large enterprise environments may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years of experience using ASP and .Net.
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL (environment currently on 2008 upgrading to 2014).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident and be able to pass Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) / medium-Risk federal agency security clearance.
About Wisemen Multimedia
Founded in 2010, we are a minority-owned, small business concern, based in Atlanta, GA. As an enterprise solutions provider, we offer a wide range of consulting and solutions development services designed to help you deploy the right resources at the right time the first time. With decades of experience, our leadership team leverages modern technology and future concepts to deliver our flagship services with excellence. We specialize in helping commercial clients enhance their capabilities while improving operational efficiency, and we champion efforts to help modernize agencies and reduce government burden.
Note: We are looking for candidates who can join us on W2 Contract
This is a 6+ months contract with the option to hire
Remote work also available
Responsibilities and Duties
- Experience in SQL Server 2014 and above
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- At least 8 years experience in T-SQL
- Experience working with a very high traffic production SQL Server
- Able to write and work with very complex stored procedures
- Expert level T-SQL Optimization
- Able to write dynamic SQL when necessary
- Expert in when to apply different levels of normalization and demoralization
- Experience working with a multi TB database
- Skilled in transferring data quickly between platforms by performing efficient delta refreshes
- Strong understanding of the internals of SQL Server
- Previous experience in performing code changes for SQL compatibility upgrades
- Able to apply a code and apply T-SQL changes in an online fashion without blocking traffic
- Good knowledge of N-tier architectures and troubleshooting
Qualifications and Skills
- SQL Server 2012 and above
- Data Warehousing
We are an E-Verified, Certified Minority-owned business enterprise who is extensively working with this Fortune 100 Company.
And we at 720 Worldwide Inc. provides Benefits which include
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Employer paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discount Programs
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Commuter Benefits
720 Worldwide Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $65,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Date warehousing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Azure: 1 year (Preferred)
- T-SQL: 5 years (Preferred)
- SQL Server: 5 years (Preferred)
- ETL: 3 years (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
This role involves travel around the UK and the opportunity to work remotely too.
Do you want to make the difference for customers with your passion for technology and innovation, supporting them to be more and achieve more?
Are you interesting in working in a team of outstanding technology professionals who, as trusted advisors and subject matter experts, help organisations to achieve their technology potential?
The Premier Field Engineering (PFE) team provides technical support for Premier customers worldwide through onsite and remote support services. PFEs act as the primary onsite technical contact, providing customer visibility, advanced technical troubleshooting support and problem resolution for Product Support Services and corporate customers, including issues escalated to the highest levels of management. Most of the work is proactive deliveries to Premier customers.
Top Three Required Skills
1 Databases and analytics -> SQL server, MySQL, Oracle
2 Data Warehousing
3 Business Intelligence -> Power BI , NoSQL
Other Required Skills
- SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008.
- Exposure to and some knowledge about SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server Integration Services, Reporting Services, Analysis Services, Power BI
- Fair knowledge on Windows clustering - Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 and Windows 2012 R2.
- Deep technical knowledge/experience on SQL HA/DR solutions.
- Practical experience troubleshooting performance problems, query tuning and optimization.
- Experience delivering and/or authoring technical training
- University degree, preferably in Computer Science. Will consider related equivalent experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision
- Ability to manage challenging technical issues by setting customer expectations, devising and implementing action plans, participating in on-call shifts, having a willingness to go the extra mile and professionally communicating to all parties involved.
- SQL programming skills in one of the following: VB, VBA, C++, .Net, VBS, Jscript.
- Experience with network captures and network troubleshooting.
- PowerShell V2 skills including scripting would be an advantage.
- Act as a resource for on-going SQL planning and deployment.
- Help with analysis of migration to new SQL environments.
- Provide SQL workshops and training for customer's existing support staff.
- Deliver timely and high quality solutions to customer problems and requests focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, knowledge transfer, and opportunity generation. Manage escalations and sub-cases to ensure timely and high quality resolution of all issues.
- Develop and implement strategies for providing facilitative support resulting in fewer incidents, increased availability, or accelerated deployments.
- Develop relationships with technical directors or lead architects for the technology you support resulting in more participation in planning and improved satisfaction in support consulting.
- Partner with Premier Service Delivery Managers to effectively manage hot-sites including documented action plans and daily status updates for the customer and management.
- Develop working relationships within the PFE Organization that result in increased cooperation and mutual support in fulfilling our customer mission.
- Develop a working relationship with the Consulting Services team, SE and field staff at your accounts that results in increased cooperation and mutual support in achieving each other's goals.
- Initiate and participate in triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and to efficiently resolve customer problems.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.