Role: Sr Java Developer
Location: Edison, NJ (Remote Until Covid)
Duration: 3+ Months (C2H)
Required Skills: Java 8, J2ee, Hibernate, EJB, SQL, Oracle, Spring, Spring Boot, Microservices, AWS, Kafka, Angular/React, Ajax, Jquery, JSP
Key Essential experience required
Our client is one of the UK's biggest online Ecommerce platforms on the planet!
We are seeking a talented Senior BackEnd Java 11 Developer to join our Engineering team.
The business is currently working on migrating their kubernetes services from Private Cloud, Open Stack, Debian VMs to containerised solutions in Google Cloud Platform and Google Kubernetes Engine.
We're looking for an experienced developer with commercial exposer to Java 11 and GCP Knowledge of Containerisation, Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform to help us complete a successful migration.
We are seeking expertise in several of the following key skills:
• Java 11
��� Spring or other mainstream framework
• Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
• Google Kubernetes Engine
Additionally, experience of some of these technologies is desirable:
• Java Feign, Spring MVC Tests
• Grafana, Pact, Rest easy, Wiremock, Mockito
• Scala, Scalatest and Webdriver
• Dual-Track Agile
• Design, develop, test and release microservices on GKE/GCP
• Containerise existing microservices to run on GKE/GCP
• Work with Operations to automatically deploy microservices to production
• Optimise Legacy code to enable a successful migration of each microservice to GKE/GCP
• Help decoupling code from existing monoliths into microservices
• Share knowledge and best practice in Brownbag sessions to ramp up less experienced engineers
• Produce Production Ready code that is clean and testable
• Work as part of an agile team
Please send us your CV for immediate consideration.
The core technologies used are:
* Java 8 (or above)
* Spring Framework
* Junit 4 & 5
* FreeMarker Templates
* Oracle (approximately 10% of the time)
* Git | Ruby | Bundler | Gradle | Leiningen | GoCD | Ansible (Mandatory)
* Ideal experience in development on AWS
You should have good experience in development IDE tools such as IntelliJ IDE etc.
* Must have knowledge and experience working in Agile Environment using SCRUM framework
* Must have Onsite Client facing experience
* Jenkins, Maven, CI/CD experience is must required
* Excellent analytical, communication and Team Player skills are required
* Knowledge in FreeMarker would be plus
* Knowledge in Performance monitoring & metrics tools such as Glowroot, Jprofiler e.t.c.. would be plus.
For further information, contact one of the Inspire People team on or apply today.