We are looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join our team and help us deliver cool features, fast for a new project. Are you an experienced developer looking for a new challenge?
We are a remote-first company with a globally distributed team of 70. We’re proud of the way we get great work done. Our clients love working with us and we partner with them on long-term projects. Our teams are engaged and excited about our work.
Good English verbal and written communication skills are essential. This is a contract position with a long term outlook (12 months+ full-time project) for the right candidate. We are looking for remote workers (most of the company is remote) or have openings based in our Barcelona office.
Why is it good to work with us?
We know that big ideas and big results only happen when you have the right people, working together smartly - whether that’s across the room or across the globe. We make the work fun and rewarding.
Because we work on cool projects. Sure, we can list the latest set of technologies that we use, but that is a given. What's more interesting is how they are used - the design, the architecture, the approach to solving business problems. And we do that across multiple clients - each and every one we're excited to work with.
Because we believe in constant learning and exploring - whether that’s a new skill, a new role, or a new way of seeing. And because we've found that we learn the most when we take on new challenges as a team. We’re proud that people love working with us (and still have lives outside of work). Want to know more? Check out www.whitespectre.com and we're proud of what people are saying about us on Glassdoor
Senior React/Rails Engineer
Mt. Tam Innovations is building a software platform to be used in business structure and organization. The founding members of the company have many years both running businesses and building software infrastructure.
When we are not building our software, we provide our clients with highly skilled team members with strong business acumen to support and organize our client’s projects.
We are looking for a Senior React/Rails Engineer with deep knowledge and understanding of React. This person will be taking on an exciting in-house project which involves deep-diving into a current development project, engaging with entirely new content, and collaborating with our CEO and Lead Architect/Engineer to fine-tune the final product details.
Location: This is a remote position that requires working from home. You will work with people in the Portland, Oregon area, as well as Virginia.
Contract: This is a short-term contract not likely to exceed 90 days.
· 4+ years of commercial software development experience
· Expert in React.js and Ruby on Rails
· Knowledgeable about modern React software design practices - well versed in the
· Hooks API and Flow or Typescript
· Proficient with RoR testing technologies (RSpec, Capybara) and continuous integration (Codeship)
· Deploying applications into existing infrastructure, including integration techniques, asynchronous message processing, RESTful design patterns, etc.
· Experience with SQL databases
· Software development and deployment on Linux and applicable technologies (Heroku)
Ideal candidates will have additional experience with:
· Thrive in small company/start-up environments where team members must sometimes extend beyond their traditional job description
· Able to express and communicate thoughts and ideas (both written and verbally) to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Experienced with (and willing to participate in) development using Agile methodologies, preferably using a Github / Pull-request model
· Design, communicate, implement, and test new features, components, and functionality of the product
· Analytical, organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
· Able to work well alone or within a small team
· An excellent problem solver and has the ability to construct a solution based on general requirements and discussions
· Familiar with standard professional software development processes including working from requirements and standards documents, task estimation, documenting designs, source code control, unit testing
· Natural pace of development is quick
· Code is clean and follows best practices
· You are hungry, humble, and love to learn.
· You are smart, optimistic, and stubbornly persistent.
· You love an exciting challenge.
· You thrive in the quiet development mode while enjoying the collaborative and interaction within your team
Please apply with your detailed resume, rate expectations and availability.
Email: HireMe at thinkMTI.com
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $40.00 - $50.00 per hour
Full Time Opportunity:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
This is your chance to come and shape the future of small business banking and accounting!
It's an exciting time in the accounting and banking space. We're seeing a revolution in the FinTech industry, and new government initiatives such as Making Tax Digital and Open Banking are opening up new features and products for customers.
The technology in this space is changing rapidly and at FreeAgent we're working on the cutting edge. We're focused on providing the best possible user experience for our growing customer base.
We want people to be productive, to have career opportunities, to be focused on meaningful work and to have an excellent work/life balance. We like to think we work smarter, not harder, which is why we stick to a 35-hour working week and still Get Things Done.
We have built a powerful CI/CD platform which can run 45,000+ automated tests in less than five minutes which allows us to remain productive at scale, and allows all engineers, regardless of level, to deploy code to production multiple times a day.
We value a diverse team, and we believe the variety of experiences and backgrounds in our team make us stronger. Every other month, we spend a week outside of normal projects and maintenance and focus exclusively on service improvements and “nice-to-haves”.Our legendary 'Hack Days' are held twice a year. Engineers write about what they do, and what they learn, on our popular engineering blog.
A senior engineer can be based remotely anywhere within the UK or at our lovely Edinburgh office. Mid-level engineers are usually based in the office, but can be remote-based (on a case by case basis) - at present our entire engineering team is working remotely. We have an amazing office in central Edinburgh (one of the great cities of the world), and our work environment is light and bright with inspiring spaces and quiet places. If you're based in the office you'll enjoy catered lunches every Friday, weekly yoga and many other perks and treats. Find out more about life at HQ here!
Are you a cloud computing, automation enthusiast and DevOps devotee? Can you help us grow with best-of-breed open source tools and managed AWS services, and join us in embracing state-of-the-art cloud best practices? Do you want to work with an increasing portfolio of cloud technologies, as part of a growing progressive organisation?
Development Platform is part of our Platform Engineering group. Our team mission is “Make FreeAgent developers super-productive!" The engineering teams are our customers. Productive, happy coders with great tools write great code and deploy daily adding constant visible value to our business. We aim to keep them that way.
We provide the CI/CD capability and developer tooling that enables our engineers to build, test and deploy quickly. We're also helping migrate FreeAgent to AWS, to an exciting container-driven future.
We need software developers with passion for Continuous Development, Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), Ruby software engineering, DevOps and knowledge of AWS Cloud Computing. We want people familiar with cloud native approaches, cloud automation and container technology, who have a constant desire to keep learning and who have real hands-on experience. You’ll be part of our ongoing journey, enabling our growing engineering team to ship code and services to production over 300 times a month.
FreeAgent is undergoing a re-engineering project to move into AWS. This is an opportunity to join us at an early stage and be part of design, transition and adoption conversations and really make an impact.
Technologies we use: Ruby, Rails, Jenkins, Docker, AWS, Terraform, MySQL, ECS, Linux, RSpec
Apps we use: GitHub, Trello, G Suite, Notion, Slack
We look for:
Annual salary £40,000 - £80,000 depending on experience, plus competitive benefits package. We provide a comprehensive package of employee benefits, which have been carefully selected to protect you, to promote healthy lifestyles, and to give you peace of mind. You can read more about these on our website.
Our application process is simple; just upload your CV and answer a few questions about why you are interested in this opportunity.
Our selection process involves a phone interview, a coding test exercise, code review call and a final interview over google meet. (We work hard to make the process as straightforward, transparent and enjoyable as possible.)
We really care about building an inclusive and diverse team, and we welcome applications from people with varied backgrounds and perspectives. We want to make sure that the people who build FreeAgent are reflecting our diverse customer base and bringing with them a range of ideas and experiences. What unites us is an openness to suggestions, and a drive to solve problems in the best way possible.
Don’t forget to tell us about why you think FreeAgent is the right place for you to make a difference!
Title: Contract Software Developer
Location: Remote Working
Client Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Duration: 6 months
Rate: Dependent on experience
Spectrum IT's client are seeking a Contract C# .NET Developer to join their team on an initial 6 month term. In this role you will be report to the Software Development Manager and work with agile teams. This role is best suited to someone who is able to work on projects that are crucial to the operational effectiveness of the company.
Please apply with your updated CV or contact email@example.com for more information.
Automation Tester - SC Cleared, BDD, Cucumber, JMeter, webdriver.io, Sonarcube
Up to £430 per day (PAYE / Umbrella)
My client is a large Consultancy who urgently require a Test Automation Specialist to represent them on site with a large, prestigious client in London (but based remotely for now).
Campus Marketing Specialists is a promotional products, and sportswear company specializing in branding and marketing for colleges and universities nationwide. We are looking for a seasoned professional to join our production art team during our peak season. The position has the potential to continue longer term on a part-time 20-25 hour per week basis. Job qualifications, skills, and abilities include:
* Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field strongly preferred
* Experienced Mac operator
* Proficiency in all Mac-based industry-standard software programs, including: Adobe Creative Cloud InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office and Acrobat
* Strong working knowledge of graphic design, typography, composition, color proofing, print processes, and project specs
* Knowledge of creating or working with templates
* Know of all steps required for the print process and an understanding of production methods to ensure that designs can be produced for print.
* Assure quality standards are met before packaging files for production.
* Working knowledge of network filing systems, email communication and internet
* Design projects based on client specifications
* Prepare client proofs for review and approval
* Must be creative, work quickly, and have the ability to multi-task on multiple projects at once
* Strong, written and oral communication, attention to detail, organization, and accuracy skills required.
* The successful candidate will be self-motivated, comfortable working remotely with a team, patient, and have a good sense of humor.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $20.00 per hour
In accordance with current social distancing requirements, art staff are working remotely from home. Work hours are flexible, but tend to be most productive during the morning (7am to 1pm). In-person office hours are 7am to 4pm, Monday through Friday.
Full Time Opportunity: