- Design and develop new software
- Maintain existing software and resolves software problem reports
- Modify existing software to add new features
- Perform individually and as part of a team
- Utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment and in compliance with customer and industry lifecycle development approaches
- Develop, execute and document software testing, including test cases
- Perform software requirement analysis, derivation and allocation
- Provide input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, application security, and use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development
- Provide input to hardware (COTS/GOTS/capacity/etc.) recommendations
- Prepare software documentation, including user guides
- Ten (10) or more years of software development experience required
[A Master’s degree in a related discipline may substitute for two (2) years of experience. A PhD may substitute for four (4) years of experience.]
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline is required
- Experience leading multiple software development teams. Experience developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability and security requirements for mid- to large-scale programs
- Experience with cloud computing, multimedia storage, knowledge databases and data-mining analytics
- Agile development methodology experience required
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: Java, Perl, Ruby, Python, HTML, C, C++, .NET, ColdFusion, Adobe, etc.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: SQL, Oracle, MySQL, JBDC, etc.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: Windows, Linux, Apache, TomCat, Ozone Widgets, Spring, Struts, JUnit, Hibernate, etc.
- Experience with software configuration management and control tools (e.g., CVS, Eclipse, ClearCase, etc.)
- Experience with automated testing tools (e.g., RSpec, Cucumber, etc.)
- DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I (e.g., Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)) certification highly desired
- Agile software development methodology certification (e.g. SCRUM Master) highly desired
Last 90 Days
- Working within the Information Technology division and key business units, the Senior DevOps Engineer will support internal development teams by building self-service Continuous Delivery systems using Ruby, Rails/Sinatra, Docker, and React on the AWS cloud.
- The ideal candidate will have designed, developed, and automated solutions that support business functionality, but who has a passion for automation and learning new technologies. The candidate must possess the technical skills and experience using Ruby or React to build applications and services. We operate using Scrum and Kanban at the client, so experience using Agile methodologies to deliver software is a plus.
- Our Senior DevOps Engineers must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be adaptive to the changing needs of the department and the organization.
- Passion to learning new things (Voice interfaces, mobile development, Data Science)
- Experience writing full stack web applications using Rails/Sinatra/AWS Lambda and React
- Enjoys writing clean, concise code, and automated tests
- Create CI/CD infrastructure, infrastructure as code, and integration tests for the software you create
- Provide personalized support to the internal customers of the tools you build and maintain.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS.
- At least 5 years of experience using Ruby and/or Rails
- 1 – 3 years of experience using React, Docker, and AWS
- Ruby developer who values code simplicity and readability.
- Experience with Git, Docker, AWS Ruby SDK
- Experience with RESTful web services design, development and automated testing
- Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. rspec, or cypress.io)
- Knowledge of continuous integration systems like AWS CodeSuite or Jenkins a plus
- Ability to self-manage assigned tasks and projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
Residency Status: ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE A U.S. CITIZENS
Clearance: Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility (SSBI within the last five years)
Time Type: Full-Time
Relocation Fees: No
Novel Applications of Vital Information Inc. (Novel Applications) is a premier technology services company that provides solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Information Management, Systems Integration. Novel Applications is a business that combines experience, creativity, flexibility, pragmatism, and cost-effective solutions in order to deliver measurable business value to our clients.
Headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, Novel Applications employs engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Novel Applications is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
NAOVI is seeking Software Engineers to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
- Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for the design, test and implementation of advanced cybersecurity software capabilities.
- Developing and performing automated builds, testing, and deployments.
- Developing high quality technical documentation, including user guides, test plans, and contract deliverable items and supporting product training.
- Supporting risk assessments and developing risk mitigation countermeasures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Multiple Openings:
- Must have 4 years of professional experience or 2 years with a Master’s degree.
- Must have 6 years of professional experience or 4 years with a Master’s degree or 2 years with PhD in a related discipline.
- Must have 8 years of professional experience or 6 years with a Master’s degree or 4 years with PhD in a related discipline.
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level 2 certification or the ability to obtain certification within three months of employment.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following database technologies: SQL, Oracle, MySQL, JBDC, NOSQLetc.
- Experience and/or familiarity with Agile development methodology.
- Experience and/or familiarity with DevOps, Continuous Development/Continuous Integration concepts, and automated test tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Rational Team Concert, JIRA, Git, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Junit, JMeter, RSpec, and/or Cucumber.
- ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE U.S. CITIZENS AND HAVE A TS CLEARANCE WITH SCI ELIGIBILITY (SSBI WITHIN THE PAST 5 YEARS).
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level III certification preferred.
- Six years of professional experience preferred.
- Certifications related to Agile development and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) such as Scrum Master, Product Owner, SAFe Agilist (SA), SAFe Practitioner (SP) or SAFe Program Consultant (SPC).
- Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques.