We're a small Pittsburgh based web development company looking for an additional developer to join our team. This position will have a chance to work on many different kinds of projects from various clients as well as our own internal software and systems. This position has the potential to grow into higher level development and project planning that can help shape the direction of our company. Part-time or full-time a possibility DOE. Mostly in office work, with possibility of part time remote work.
- Degree in a related field or at least 1 year of applicable experience
- Experience with ASP.NET framework and Visual Studio
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS/JQuery/Ajax
- Experience with responsive design for multiple devices and mobile friendly support
- Experience with MSSQL databases
- Good at problem solving and willing to do research to solve a particular issue
- Positive attitude
- A portfolio or example work
- Laid back work environment
- Flexible offerings (contract, part time, full time options)
- Applicants must be local to the Pittsburgh area
- Compensation and benefits based on experience and amount of time available, negotiable
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Pittsburgh, PA (Preferred)
- Remote/Work from home
- One location
Overtime often available:
Full Time Opportunity:
Last 90 Days
.NET Developer in Reston, VA
Position Description: An exciting and challenging opportunity for a .NET Developer to contribute to the design and development of web applications based on Open Source technologies on a large IT project providing application development, operations and maintenance, COTS integration and business solutions in the Federal Government. The .NET Developer will work closely with government customers and other Web Developers working with Open Source products. Candidates should be proficient in Azure
framework and PaaS/IaaS environments, Web APIs, Microservices and emerging web-based technologies.
General roles and responsibilities:
Design and develop applications for Azure framework utilizing ASP.NET and Web API
In depth knowledge on Microsoft core platform technologies based on windows server
Develop secure application using .NET (Authentication/Authorization)
Work with customers to translate business needs into software solutions.
Assist the Project Manager in project planning, tasks and timeline determination for your deliverables.
Learn and follow standard operating procedures, including following the change management process and ensure compliance with SDLC standards and other customer specified processes
Stay abreast of current technology and seek out new tools that can be utilized appropriately
Understand the importance of meeting deadlines.
Must possess at least 10 years of professional IT consulting and software development experience.
Must possess experience with Azure Platform of a Service products, such as App Services, Notification Hub, Event Hub, Functions, Microservices
Experience developing object oriented solutions
Experience of Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service platform a plus
Must be able to research and work independently to triage, troubleshoot, and fix issues.
Must be able to work collaboratively with other team members and hit the ground running, with minimal guidance, towards a common goal
Requires strong communication skills with other team members and clients
Requires the proven ability to manage time while working on a variety of tasks
Possess a willingness and attitude to help customers find workable solutions
Agile development experience.
Applicants selected will be subject to a minimum-background investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information.
BS. degree or equivalent experience
Job Type: Contract
- Multiple locations
- Remote/Work from home
- Implement End-to-End Test Automation and Tools Strategies/Roadmaps, including performance and load testing.
- Support Test Automation Solution Planning and Estimation. Analyze current architecture and test platforms to formulate a vision for growth and expansion.
- Perform detailed test designs using sound software test engineering principals in the context of test automation platforms and integration across distributed systems
- Collaboratively elaborate requirements to enable Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) with BAs and developers.
- Perform tasks required for automated test implementation including review acceptance criteria (Gherkin scripts), create integration/regression test scenarios, implement data management strategy, and generate required reports.
- Improve existing test automation frameworks (i.e. make them faster, more flexible and easier to use). Utilize parallel processing or grid systems to speed up the tests
- Plan, lead, oversee & report status of software testing initiatives.
- 15+ years’ experience software development testing required.
- 5+ years leading agile software development testing required.
- 5+ years implementing agile automated software functional & performance testing
- 3+ years implementing performance/load testing (Selenium & JMeter experience required)
- 3+ years developing and maintain software automated functional & performance testing scrips required
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following testing toolsets/frameworks:
- Selenium Grid/WebDriver
- jUnit, TestNG
- HP Test Suite
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
- Eclipse, IntelliJ
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration, including one or more of the following build/deploy/version control tools:
- Participate in Project Planning and Reviews as well as Test Design, Execution, and Assessment of Results for Solution Delivery Services (SDS) Software Development Projects. Examples of detailed task assignments – might vary by specific project:
- Support the definition/design of a project’s Test environment.
- Review input artifacts for testability and Participate in preparation of test data
- Create and execute project test scripts. Functional and non-functional including (not limited to) Data/database, interface, business functionality, performance, load, usability, and security.
- Design and write automated regression test packages.
- Develop/perform CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) database testing using SQL.
- Log and communicate test findings to the project manager for resolution of issues.
- Track and report testing activities/status
- Transfer test scripts and knowledge to Application Support team to facilitate regression testing of production releases.
- Development of Test Cases, and Automated Test Scripts;
- Confluence, JIRA, SharePoint and MS Team Foundation Studio experience required.
- Pro-actively seek and promote ideas/mechanisms to support management’s strategic direction for the Test Discipline and improve its Software Development Methodology.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Software Testing of applications that complied with the applicable organization’s Software Development Lifecycle Methodology standards.
- Experience with traditional, DevOps and agile software testing required.
- Experience developing organization specific metrics to measure and improve Software Testing.
- Experience working in adaptive methodologies like Agile, DevOps and Scrum, etc.
- Experience in testing UI/UX best practices and 508 compliance.
- Strong written and communication skills required.
- Experience in all or some of the following programming platforms
- Linux and Bash command line
- RESTful APIs/JSON, SOAP
- Experience working with HP Test Suite
- Experience working with databases and various data formats and related technologies for testing.
Job Type: Contract
Job Type: Contract