Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy®is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
Our China Products team is growing and we need an experienced full stack engineer! You will build and improve the web platform for our ABCMouse English and related products delighting a large and growing number of children (and parents) in China! You will use cutting edge technology and collaborate with awesome colleagues. This role is remote to start due to COVID-19.
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days plus 11 observed national paid holidays
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• A temporary 100% remote work environment, due to COVID restrictions, to help ensure the safety of our employees
• Monthly internet stipend provided due to temporary remote work environment
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Opportunities are with our direct client. Great opportunity for remote position with small team feel but big team impact.
DataMasters | Greensboro NC
Business Solutions - People & Technology
you should meet our people.
Certified Woman-Owned Business
Full-time direct-hire positions with our Global Fortune 500 client (not contract,no c2c). 100% remote (manager has preference for candidates in Eastern and Central US time zones). 2 positions, open due to growth and hiring manager is ready to immediately begin interviews.
The Senior Magento Developer will join a team contributing to the development of Global eCommerce websites hosted on Magento 2 Cloud.
- Accountable for ensuring our global eBusiness/eCommerce platforms are well controlled, operating effectively and aligned with business needs. In addition to daily business support tasks, this role is responsible for assisting in identifying and implementing process improvements to these systems and other core systems
- Participates with our team and stakeholders to plan new features and provide best estimates allowing for team to optimize outcomes that provide the most value to the customer and the organization
- Breaks down features into manageable stories to allow for easier coding, reviewing, testing and approval
- Participates in retrospectives to gain knowledge and learning with the purpose to become a more effective team member and to build better teams and deliver continuing higher quality products
- Writes clean, readable, adaptable and quality unit tests alongside production code
- Reviews others code to ensure delivery of high-quality functionality and participate in an environment of learning
- Focuses on continuous integration and/or continuous delivery strategies providing optimal feedback loops for the team
- Builds test automation and practices test driven development
- 5+ years experience
- Expert or Extensive Proficiency in:
Magento 2 required
PHP / PHPUnit
KnockoutJs, RequireJs, jQuery
Magento Custom Module Development Front End and Back End
- Basic or Working Proficiency in:
- 2+ years of Magento Commerce
- Magento Certification Preferred
- Team first mindset in an Agile Software Development framework such as Scrum
- Ability to communicate the value of teams deliverables
- Desire to learn and mentor to develop cross functional teams
- Enthusiastic about writing clean code and implementing object-oriented design principles and patterns
- Recognize the importance of test coverage and automation in development pipelines
- Experience with TDD or enthusiasm to learn this methodology
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.