JOB TITLE: Database Administrator II - OPNAV N1T
Support military manpower, personnel/strength modeling and simulation, including assessment of manpower and organizational planning, programs and policy, quantitative analysis, and evaluation of recruitment and retention forecasting.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide contract support for military manpower strength modeling, simulation and analysis of strength planning, and associated programs and policies across the Navy manpower, personnel, training and education enterprise, including model sustainment and research, forecasting, and quantitative analysis of modelled data.
Update data, methodology, and parameters as required to support program/policy changes or potential changes. Coordinate with system administrators track and detail the impact of issues resulting from software maintenance and system-wide updates affecting the underlying Digital Dashboard codebase. Update and maintain manpower models and Update analysis tools including populating data fields with updated information and ensuring the user interface is functional and compatible with the latest system-wide upgrades to associated and supporting systems.
Use Oracle APEX, Java, and/or SQL to execute queries to acquire and consolidate data across multiple supporting systems to sustain the currency of an executive level digital dashboard supporting business analysis and real-time visibility of trends, activities and key performance indicators.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or T5 or T5R equivalent investigation
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Current Cybersecurity Certification: Security+, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), A+ CE, CCNA-Security, Network+ CE, or System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) certification
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, business, law, engineering, social sciences, physical/applied science or business administration, accounting, finance, economics or management information technology.
- Seven or more years of experience in database administration and software maintenance to include programming and code updates, data Analysis, and Complex Problem Solving.
- Experience generating custom data sets using Oracle, APEX, Java, and SQL to acquire and consolidate data across multiple supporting systems.
- Familiarity with U.S. Navy manpower, personnel, training and education (MPT&E) enterprise.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Oracle certification
- Previous experience with Navy Manpower Programming and Budget System (NMPBS) Digital Dashboard; Navy Enlisted Management Model; Navy Billet Analysis Tool; Navy Officer Personnel Information System
- Previous OPNAV or BUPERS work experience.
WORK LOCATION: Remote in DC/MD/VA area
KEY WORDS: Security+, SSBI, T5 investigation, Oracle database administrator, APEX, Java, SQL, data analysis, data analytics, Navy Manpower Programming and Budget System (NMPBS) Digital Dashboard
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customer’s toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the company’s hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
- Develop, implement, enhance and debug software solutions based on user requirements.
- Write Low Level Design, Unit Testing Plan, and Unit Test case documentation
- Troubleshoot and Fix production issues
- Research issues reported by users and recommend fixes and solutions to be implemented after review by SMEs
- Work on application enhancements.
- Provide fully documented work, instruction, and training to peers, as required
- Manage daily technical challenges and communicate with management if there are any risks or issues
- 6+ years of experience in Oracle development environment including strong SQL and PL/SQL skills, creating procedures, functions, packages, views and tables and advanced SQL analytics
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycle and relational databases
- Strong knowledge of SQL Data definition and Data Manipulation language.
- Strong experience of Oracle database design, data modelling and performance tuning.
- Good experience of Oracle 11g and 12c with use of tools like PL/SQL Developer, Toad
- Good knowledge of Oracle job scheduling and windows batch scheduling.
- Good experience with Shell Scripting
- Good Experience of Java based web applications, JSP, JBOSS EAP and basic understanding of Vaadin and GWT
- Basic understanding of Business Objects and Tableau.
- Knowledge of Code control tools like SVN, issue tracking tools like JIRA and JDBC thin and thick clients
- Oracle Certification
Job Type: Contract
ONLY US CITIZENS AND GREEN CARD HOLDERS AS PER CLIENT'S REQUEST!!!!
The client is seeking a Database Administrator III to provide database support on a variety of hardware and software platforms and peripherals.
- Minimum of 10+ years overall IT experience; 5+ years of end to end database administration with Oracle (System DBA as well as application DBA)
- Expert level skills using SQL, skills tuning queries
- Experience managing 30+ TB of databases.
- Strong shell scripting skills – Korn shell, Python
- Minimum 1 year hands on extensive experiences in AWS
Preferred but not required:
- Automation tools such as Puppet, Flyway or Ansible
- EMR (Elastic Map Reduce aka Hadoop), RDS (Relational Database Service), Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, Redshift
- Migration from op-premise databases to AWS Cloud
- 2+ years of experience in Postgres
Location: Reston, VA
Duration: 6 months (with possible extension)
Job Type: Contract
- Postgres: 2 years (Preferred)
As a Software Engineer for the Gemalto NORAM Biometrics team located in Reston, you will provide software development support for existing production based systems and participate in new feature development of our fingerprint recognition systems. You will leverage your experience with C#, .NET, C++, API development with Restful web services, SQL, Oracle and SQL Scripting as well as other tools. You will collaborate with other technical teams as you participate in agile and waterfall projects. You will not only work on enhancing and supporting existing products, but you will also have the opportunity to adapt new technologies to future products. You must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a public trust security clearance.
A week in the life of a Software Engineer:
- You will develop software components for the assigned project.
- You will support the troubleshooting, development and implementation of change requests for existing and new software.
- You will communicate and work directly with the team and customers to collect requirements, ask questions, and provide status.
- You will document new and existing software architectures.
- You will support multiple, simultaneous small- to mid-sized, software development tasks, along with other engineers and management team members.
- You will work closely with the quality assurance team, change/ configuration management team, and other technical and support team members.
- You will provide reporting inputs to internal company management.
- You will estimate the level of effort needed to complete proposed project tasks.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must have: development experience in .Net, C#, C, a good knowledge with Windows, IIS, client & server setup, and familiarity with SQL database and Oracle database and SQL scripts.
- It would be preferred if you have experience in VB.Net, ASP.Net, REST API, and VBA/VB6 scripting (for MS Access), experience in database development for Oracle and MS SQL Server, experience with system administration on Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2012 and forward), Windows Workstation (Windows 7 and Windows 10), experience with simple database administration on Oracle and MS SQL Server, experience in biometric software development, and familiarity with a full development cycle.
- You must be a U.S. citizen with dual citizenship not accepted and be able to obtain a public trust clearance per contract requirements.
- You must be fluent in English.
- We would like someone to join our team who has a positive attitude, is a team player, is willing to learn new technologies, and is able to work with minimum supervision.
- You must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- We are looking for someone with at least 5 years of experience with software development and application support.
- Travel of up to 5% within and outside of the US.
- Apply now before this career opportunity is filled. We look forward to reading your CV!
Employees are required to perform the duties of this position, or any Gemalto position, in compliance with all company policies, procedures, practices, and processes, whether written or verbal, which Gemalto, in its sole discretion, may change periodically, including, but not limited to, those implemented to ensure product, physical plant, information systems and technology security, along withal federal, state and local regulations and public policies. Protect Gemalto assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference. React and help resolve security events or security risks reported by employees. Ensure responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken.
Gemalto, a Thales Company, is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, or other protected group status. We support and apply this policy through a program of affirmative action. This includes special efforts to employ and advance within our organization, qualified members of protected groups. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please direct your inquiries to the Human Resources Department at careers.america @ gemalto.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- software development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- United States (Required)
Looking Access Management Engineer in Reston, VA.**
We are looking for an access management engineer who will be having around 6-8 years of experience in Identity & Access Management tools including Single Sign on Integration with PingFederate, PingAccess, PingOne, Directory Server, AD, Oracle Access Manager along with Jenkins for automation deployment.
- Experience in deployment support of PING Single Sign On in multiple data centers Amazon Web Services experience in deployment and administration of the service with EC2, S3, EBS, EBS Integration, Cloud formation, Certificate Manager, Cloud Front are also mandatory.
- Experience in Agile Development a plus for elaborating stories.
- Expertise with managing and integration applications with Ping Identity solutions.
- Experience with security protocols and protecting (especially SAML, SPML, XACML, WS-Security, WS-Federation and Oauth2). Must have understanding of directory services, access management (SSO), federation, web services and service oriented architectures (SOA) concepts.
- Must have hands-on experience with Java, J2EE, Angular JS, JDBC, XML JSP, Servlet, and HTML.
- Experience with XML, SOAP, REST, JSON, and Web 2.0 technologies
- Experience with GIT, SVN Ability to communicate designs via wireframes and prototypes in an agile environment
- Integrate RESTful services with GUI applications SQL and ORM frameworks like Hibernate or MyBatis In-depth understanding of object-oriented methodology, algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Experience with troubleshooting Java application performance issues Experience with Agile Scrum development methodologies
- Must have hands-on experience with full lifecycle project development with experience with DevOps and CICD.
- Must have hands-on experience with Web Services with security implications.
- Working experience in REST Services a big plus and understanding of Single Page applications
- Knowledge or experience in Oracle Access Manager or CA SiteMinder is a plus Hands on experience working with UNIX, Linux, SQL and RDBMS technologies.
- Practical application debugging and troubleshooting skills.
Please send your resumes directly to the below email address
Job Type: Contract
- Java: 1 year (Preferred)
- Development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Identity and Access Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- PingIdentity: 1 year (Preferred)
- Oracle Access Manager: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
To all Agencies/Vendors: We do not accept agency resumes. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To all Candidates: Due to nature of the job, this role require US Citizen or US Green card or EAD. This role requires authorization to work for any employer in the US without visa sponsorship.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for ingesting data from ATG to Endeca, manipulating ATG data before ingesting into Endeca, Customizing Baseline and Partial updates on ATG side
- Performs various Endeca development activities independently like Configuring CAS, Building Endeca pipelines, configuring server topology, Developing XM Cartridges etc.,
- Ability to recommend and implement Best Practices for Endeca setup.
- Should have extensive experience in optimizing Endeca queries for performance, especially with ATG-ENDECA integration.
- Supports and works with the technical lead/architect in producing quality deliverables
WHAT YOU HAVE DONE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 7+ years of Java/J2EE experience, 5+ years of Endeca experience, 2+ years of ATG Commerce preferred
- 7+ years of Software development experience using Java/J2EE, JBOSS/Weblogic, Struts, JSP, Servlets, JNDI, JDBC and related Java technologies
- 5+ years of extensive experience in Oracle Endeca is must - Pipeline design, Forge-less indexing, Record manipulation, CAS, CAS custom plugin-in development, Experience Manager, Workbench Rules Manager, Eneperf, Cheetah, Presentation API, Assembler REST services, Logging & reporting, SEO tuning and Search usability.
- Experience in optimizing Endeca query performance, ability to load test Endeca Dgraphs is required.
- Experience in Oracle ATG Commerce is preferred along with Experience in working with ATG repositories and Components
- Should have used Oracle Database and experience in writing SQL scripts
- Should have developed and consumed RESTful APIs with exposure to MicroServices coding and concepts
- Experience with agile development approaches
- Experience with Maven, Git, Eclipse/Intellij, Weblogic, JBOSS
- Preferred experience in Retail sector
- Designs and codes from specifications, analyzes, evaluates, tests, debugs, documents and implements complex software application
Job Type: Contract
- Ecommerce: 6 years (Preferred)
- Java: 8 years (Preferred)
- J2EE: 8 years (Preferred)
- Endeca: 2 years (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Remote/Work from home