The Linux Engineer applies current technologies to the design, development, evaluation and integration of computer information systems and networks to maintain system security. Works with commercial computer product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure COTS applications, operating systems, networks and database products and technology. Provides security engineering and integration services to internal customers. Involved in a wide range of issues including secure architectures, secure electronic data traffic, network security, information security and privacy. Develops security systems for any manual or automated systems environments. Responsible for ensuring the protection of company data against unauthorized disclosure, accidental or intentional loss of data, or unauthorized modification.
The Engineer will need to have the ability and willingness to travel up to 40 percent of the time. The Engineer will need to have a vehicle and be willing to drive it to sites around the DC Metropolitan area. The Engineer must have the ability to lift at least 70 pounds repeatedly.
This position requires work on nights and weekends.
- Must have a current Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility (SSBI within the last five years) and be able to obtain DHS program suitability prior to starting employment.
- Proficiency with configuration management using Ansible or Puppet
- Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Apache web server configuration and management
- Management, deployment and troubleshooting of Java and Tomcat applications
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the security of new and existing IT systems and the procedures to protect information system assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of Information technology and security controls that are in place.
- Knowledge and understanding of operating systems, networks and services.
- Knowledge of Red Hat version 6 or 7(rhel6/rhel7) with the ability to engineer, install, administer and maintain.
- Experience evaluating security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
- Experience and/or familiarity with the following network protection devices: Firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), log analysis, malware analysis, network traffic flow and packet analysis
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of best practices, trends related to information security
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills including preparing and presenting results, findings and alternatives and influencing management decision making based on the best available data
- IDM/Free IPA
- Open Nebula
- Satellite Server
Training/certification in any of the following strongly desired:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor's degree with 4 years of relevant experience. Additional years of work experience may be substituted for a degree.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Last 90 Days
For one of our ongoing Multiyear project, we are looking for a seasoned Cloud DevOps with CF/ Pivotal Cloud Foundry, vSphere infrastructure, & cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) IaaS Technical Consultant, who can initially work from our office in Chicago. After a month there may be a possibility of working remotely.
Responsibilities & Skills
- Enterprise Cloud Foundry/ Pivotal Cloud Foundryinstallation on a variety of IaaS providers, which may include AWS, Azure, GCP, vSphere, Openstack with security, backup/recovery, system resiliency
- Scales Cloud Foundry foundations. Assists with backlogs, upgrades, backup and recovery, and creating or integrating with existing CI/CD pipelines
- Assists with release engineering, deployment and lifecycle management of small and large scale cloud software through Bosh.
- Understanding of the private and public cloud platforms and providers, such as AWS, GCP, Azure and Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Experience managing high-performance and highly available production systems, including applications, storage and networks
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, DNS, DHCP, NAT) and various virtualization, Mainly vSphere technologies
- Experience configuring and maintaining secure, large-scale, complex, distributed applications or platforms
- Experience monitoring platform and application performance and usage
- Experience with automation scripts and CI/CD pipeline tools, including Jenkins or Concourse
- Experience with servers (Tomcat, WebLogic) and databases (Oracle, Mongo, Postgres), as well as Bosh, Chef, Puppet, Ruby, Go, Nagios, Splunk and/or Siteminder
Send your resume along with your current salary or rate/hr and contact details.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract