MS-DOS, MS Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/7/8.1 and Sun Solaris UNIX, SQL, PL/SQL, Pro* C, Java, JSP, HTML, XML, WSDL and UNIX Shell Script,ORACLE 8.0/9i/10g/11g and MS Access 2000/2003,Oracle Forms and Reports 6i (Developer 2000) and Visual Basic 6.0, Toad8.6/9.1/10.1/10.6, SQL Developer, PL/SQL Developer 5.0, APEX 3.2 and SQL Query Tool, Erwin 7.2/7.3 and Toad Data Modeler 3.4, Informatica Power Center 8.6/9.1, Remedy, Clear Quest, Siebel and JIRA 6.1.4, Rational Clear Case, MS Visual Source Safe and Tortoise SVN, Project, MS Project Plan AutoSys, Bar coding tool, PuTTY, Win SCP, Exam Diff, Beyond Compare, and Ultra-Edit.
Java Server Pages (JSP), Servlets, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), JAX-RS, JAX-WS, Java Message Service (JMS),Java Server Faces (JSF), Spring MVC, Vaadin/GWT, Wicket, Play,Hibernate, Java Persistence API (JPA), EclipseLink, OpenJPA,Maven, Gradle, Ant,Tomcat, JBoss/Wildfly, Undertow, Jetty, WebLogic, WebSphere,JUnit, TestNG, Spock, Mockito, Cucumber,Spring Framework, Guice, CDI
Manual Testing, Automation Testing, Software Testing, Selenium, Test Cases, Test Analysis, API Testing, Testng, SOAP UI, Defect Management
Last 90 Days
Role: GIS Engineer
Location: Herndon, VA
Interview Mode: F2F
- Lead needs assessments/requirements meetings and document solutions for GIS enterprise use
- Provide/write GIS system technical recommendations, standard operating procedures, administrative and help documents for clients and technical teams.
- Create and maintain GIS environments for the EnerGov application that will be used by town’s permitting, code enforcement, public works, zoning and community development departments.
- Develop and maintain GIS documentation as it relates to configuration, best practices, as well as test scripts for the EnerGov product
- Advise project implementation teams and clients on incorporating GIS capabilities into their EnerGov environment.
- Interact with Support staff for technical support in troubleshooting client problems
- Create and maintain database schema using prescribed best practices.
- Conduct versioned editing workflow management, database design, management and maintenance.
- Support and maintain simple data visualizations in spatial, tabular and graphical formats within various
- Pursue innovation and mentor the work of team members.
- Create new and innovative solutions for GIS data integration, administration, and management.
- Assess Town’s existing GIS environments and recommend areas for improvements in application technology, system performance, and disaster mitigation plans
- Communicate with departments to successfully deploy GIS solutions
- Present system design information to technical and non-technical audiences
- Create mapping, imagery and data services
- Works with town departments and IT staff to identify available GIS data, evaluate for accuracy, and consolidate into centralized data source for the town.
- Work with IT department to secure GIS and make it application accessible internally and externally.
- Publish departmental maps and integrate GIS services with SeeClickFix mobile application and Cityworks.
- Train users on the use and adoption of Cityworks technologies
- Works with town departments to define and meet mapping and GIS data needs, implement GIS best practices and ensure compliance with relevant data standards, policies and regulations.
- Creates moderately complex cartographic products, dynamic web maps, static maps, charts, reports and graphs as needed by departments and assists in the management of department/division GIS layers and related data.
- Assists in the development of automated data management routines and various projects to improve department or program efficiency.
- Reviews, creates and maintains metadata to specifications for datasets and services.
- Assists and trains other users with GIS software and workflow processes.
- Resolves technical issues in cooperation with IT staff.
- Utilizes GIS tools and data to improve the development of business processes within the department/division.
- Designs, develops and implements GIS enhancements using various ESRI programming tools and methodologies.
- Identifies and resolves complex GIS issues that affect the town’s ability to meet objectives.
- Assists in the design and implementation of integrating GIS with other enterprise systems.
- Assists in maintaining and administering ArcGIS Server including security, publishing map services and content management.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Competencies and Skills:
- Admin experience with Esri's GIS platform (ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, enterprise geodatabase) support of mobile application and ArcGIS integration.
- Experience installing and configuring ArcGIS and Microsoft SQL server 2016.
- professional experience using GIS-related technology in a professional setting
- Proficiency with the Esri product line, including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, and related desktop extensions
- Experience with automated cartography, computer science, programming, and spatial analysis
- Knowledge of Geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
Knowledge in the following software programs: MS SQL Server, AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator.
- Tyler Technology EnerGov experience
- Experience with SeeClickFix mobile application
- Experience with Azteca Systems Cityworks
Job Type: Contract
- GIS Services with SeeClickFix Mobile Applications: 5 years (Preferred)
- SQL SERVER 2016 Admin: 5 years (Preferred)
- Esri ArcGIS Server Platform: 5 years (Preferred)
- Tyler Technologies EnerGov and Azteca Systems Cityworks: 5 years (Preferred)
- ArcGIS Python Toolbox scripting: 5 years (Preferred)
- ArcGIS admin and End users: 5 years (Preferred)
- ArcGIS Online and Tyler Technologies EnerGOV integration: 5 years (Preferred)
- Mapping and Data Services: 5 years (Preferred)
- 1 year
As a Software Engineer for the Gemalto NORAM Biometrics team located in Reston, you will provide software development support for existing production based systems and participate in new feature development of our fingerprint recognition systems. You will leverage your experience with C#, .NET, C++, API development with Restful web services, SQL, Oracle and SQL Scripting as well as other tools. You will collaborate with other technical teams as you participate in agile and waterfall projects. You will not only work on enhancing and supporting existing products, but you will also have the opportunity to adapt new technologies to future products. You must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a public trust security clearance.
A week in the life of a Software Engineer:
- You will develop software components for the assigned project.
- You will support the troubleshooting, development and implementation of change requests for existing and new software.
- You will communicate and work directly with the team and customers to collect requirements, ask questions, and provide status.
- You will document new and existing software architectures.
- You will support multiple, simultaneous small- to mid-sized, software development tasks, along with other engineers and management team members.
- You will work closely with the quality assurance team, change/ configuration management team, and other technical and support team members.
- You will provide reporting inputs to internal company management.
- You will estimate the level of effort needed to complete proposed project tasks.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must have: development experience in .Net, C#, C, a good knowledge with Windows, IIS, client & server setup, and familiarity with SQL database and Oracle database and SQL scripts.
- It would be preferred if you have experience in VB.Net, ASP.Net, REST API, and VBA/VB6 scripting (for MS Access), experience in database development for Oracle and MS SQL Server, experience with system administration on Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2012 and forward), Windows Workstation (Windows 7 and Windows 10), experience with simple database administration on Oracle and MS SQL Server, experience in biometric software development, and familiarity with a full development cycle.
- You must be a U.S. citizen with dual citizenship not accepted and be able to obtain a public trust clearance per contract requirements.
- You must be fluent in English.
- We would like someone to join our team who has a positive attitude, is a team player, is willing to learn new technologies, and is able to work with minimum supervision.
- You must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- We are looking for someone with at least 5 years of experience with software development and application support.
- Travel of up to 5% within and outside of the US.
- Apply now before this career opportunity is filled. We look forward to reading your CV!
Employees are required to perform the duties of this position, or any Gemalto position, in compliance with all company policies, procedures, practices, and processes, whether written or verbal, which Gemalto, in its sole discretion, may change periodically, including, but not limited to, those implemented to ensure product, physical plant, information systems and technology security, along withal federal, state and local regulations and public policies. Protect Gemalto assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference. React and help resolve security events or security risks reported by employees. Ensure responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken.
Gemalto, a Thales Company, is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, or other protected group status. We support and apply this policy through a program of affirmative action. This includes special efforts to employ and advance within our organization, qualified members of protected groups. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please direct your inquiries to the Human Resources Department at careers.america @ gemalto.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- software development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- United States (Required)