JOMA Tech is a startup focusing on creating a Headless Commerce stack. Our services include Headless Commerce via Meteorite (our stack), Web Design, SEO, and fully outsourced Digital Marketing.
Our mission is to disrupt the way companies think about eCommerce. With Meteorite, we're able to 'future proof' our clients websites by enabling selling capabilities anywhere. We can sell via IoT, like Alexa Voice and Google Home. We can sell via smart watch, phone, tablet, computer, and kiosk. If it has a screen and an API, Meteorite can sell on it.
We're looking for passionate people who are looking to get in from ground zero and be apart of something innovative.
Your mission is to WOW our users with an attractive, intuitive, and responsive web interface. Your work will be showcased in every product demonstration. Effectively, you have an opportunity to play a critical role in establishing our clients image and brand. You will not be siloed in this role. You will get to work directly with Management and play a lead role in UI/UX efforts.
You will need to collaborate with the back-end developers on interfaces and making the frontend functional. You should be mindful of backend architect and our mission towards an aspirational goal of everything being ‘well-crafted’. You will work with product, design, and the other engineers on your team to drive clarity into the UI development process.
Essential Job Functions
- Deliver a complete front-end application
- Ensure high performance on mobile and desktop
- Be willing to learn how the frontend connects to the backend provided data points.
Required Skills and Experience
- DESIRE TO LEARN
- Ability to use web searches to Debug and troubleshoot bugs
- Highly skilled with HTML5, CSS3, SASS/SCSS, responsive web applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of connecting with external web services
- Strong expertise with HTML, CSS, and writing cross-browser compatible code
- Deep knowledge of Angular practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
- Keep abreast with the latest UI trends, techniques and technologies
- Experience with at least 1 adobe design software or similar
Bonus Skills and Experience
- TypeScript / Angular 2+
- 5 years of experience in developing Angular based web apps
- Angular Universal (server-side rendering)
- Experience working with popular ecommerce platforms - BigCommerce experience is ideal.
- NodeJS / Express
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful services
- FireBase Auth // RealTime Database // Storage
- Adobe XD / Prototyping
Typescript, Angular 7, GraphQL (Apollo/ Prisma), Rendertron, Angular Universal, Heroku, Firebase, MongoDB, Node.js, Express, prerender.io, BigCommerce, Bulma, SCSS
Contract-to-hire available for the right candidate.
May work remotely up to 50% of the time.
PLEASE FILL OUT OUR SCREENING FORM: https://forms.gle/gUfnuRSpjfk4soxQA
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $2,500.00 to $4,000.00 /month
Last 90 Days
We are seeking a self-motivated, responsible Ruby developer to join our small technology team in new and ongoing development projects. This is an ongoing, part-time contract position of between 15 and 30 hours per week (depending on your capacity).
Church Initiative is a nondenominational, nonprofit Christian ministry serving 25,000 churches worldwide. From its headquarters in Wake Forest, North Carolina, the ministry creates and publishes video-based curricula to help churches minister to people experiencing life crises.
Because this function supports both national and international ministry in a highly visible way, it is important that the successful candidate have a strong spiritual background. This includes a professed relationship with Jesus Christ, a consistent and deep personal walk with the Lord, and a demonstrated heart for ministry through the local church evidenced by active membership in a local church.
- Build, improve, manage, and support multiple Rails applications
- Help maintain our technology infrastructure, creating new systems and tools when needed
- Continually improve the quality and experience of our web presence
- Improve our staff’s ability to serve our customers
- HTML & CSS
- MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Heroku & AWS
- Linux server administration
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Fluent English
- At least 15 hours of work availability per week
- Experience working remotely
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Ruby: 2 years (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
Hours per week:
Overtime often available:
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: Simon & Schuster
JOB TYPE: Temporary / Per Diem / Freelance
JOB SCHEDULE: Full-Time
JOB LOCATION: New York, NY
Simon & Schuster, a part of CBS Corporation, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, Simon & Schuster Audio, Simon & Schuster Digital, and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom.
Simon & Schuster has an exciting role for a data engineer to join a fast-paced, leading-edge team working to help advance it’s publishing business. In this Freelance or Independent Contractor role, you will be working with a small team of data scientists and analysts to rapidly prototype data applications and analytics tools to serve our fast-growing imprint.
The full-time, contract position will be responsible for developing, testing and maintaining data flows and information architecture. This includes aggregating data from multiple databases in our data warehouse as well as external sources, establishing data pipelines, designing data models, deploying machine learning models to production and building robust data visualizations and reporting tools that align with the business needs of our team.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to build a robust data science and analytics environment from the ground up. You’ll be working with a small team of professionals based remotely. Hours are flexible. Two scheduled check-ins/code reviews are required weekly.
- Collaborate with team to align architecture with business requirements
- Stand up, test and maintain databases and information architecture
- Build tools to automate data acquisition and aggregation
- Develop data models and table schemas
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods
- Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Use data to discover tasks that can be automated
- Develop data visualizations, dashboards, reports and notification tools that respond to business needs
- Design analytical models that support analysis and inference.
Skills and experience:
- Computer science degree or equivalent with 2+ years data engineering and/or full stack developer experience
- Background in data science or equivalent continuing education
- Strong knowledge of Python 3
- Experience in developing and maintaining SQL databases and writing SQL queries; NoSQL (MongoDB) experience preferred but not required
- Experience establishing and maintaining AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku, Tableau or similar cloud-based environments
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS and lightweight web frameworks such as Django, Flask
- Familiarity with database administration tools and best practices
- Background in extracting and storing data from APIs preferred but not required
- Background in deploying machine learning models to production preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Git/GitHub and software development workflows
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to summarize key findings into clear and actionable recommendations, and to interact with individuals at all levels.
Strong project management skills and ability to plan and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.Please send a link to your work samples on Github
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled