Novacoast Federal is looking for a Sys Admin with expertise in Azure Cloud Services for a 3 month government contract. Position is remote due to COVID. Will be on-site if client is open before the 3 month period.
The client currently runs virtual server environment that resides in a Data Center. This fall the client will be moving our entire IT infrastructure (general support system) to the cloud. We’ll still be running a virtual server environment in the cloud and to do so we’ll use Microsoft’s Azure resources (CPU, RAM, storage).
- experience managing and supporting IT operations in the cloud, particularly in Azure.
- extensive or strong virtual server experience including VMWare, Netapp storage, virtual servers and cloud experience..
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with TCP/IP fundamentals, routing and subnetting
- Strong knowledge of all network protocols including: HTTP, FTP, SMTP, NTP, DNS
- Strong virtual technical knowledge and experience including VMWare and vSphere
- Strong knowledge of enterprise architecture and governance best practices
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory and group policy administration
- Strong knowledge of network storage administration
- Windows expertise - - administration, Windows 2012/2016, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Familiarity with database backup and recovery (SQL Server and RDS)
- Knowledge of and experience supporting IT operations in the cloud including configuration, operations, deployment and management
- Knowledge of Microsoft’s Azure cloud services and Amazon’s cloud services
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well with diverse staff
- Background check required. Public Trust Clearance preferred.
More about Novacoast:
Novacoast is an international IT Professional Services and Product Development company built on a foundation of engineering expertise and a culture of creative problem solving. Empowered on every level by our flexible and fearless perspective, Novacoast combines its advanced technical knowledge with our customers’ expertise so together we can make informed decisions and avoid costly IT mistakes.
We specialize in identity and access management, security and compliance, network infrastructure, remote management, desktop management, and open source solutions.
Must be able to pass background check.
US Citizenship Required.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- subnetting: 1 year (Preferred)
- VMWare: 3 years (Preferred)
- amazon cloud: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cloud Computing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Azure: 3 years (Preferred)
- windows 2012/2016: 3 years (Preferred)
- SQL Server: 1 year (Preferred)
- Netapp Storage: 1 year (Preferred)
- SCCM: 3 years (Preferred)
- Network Protocols: 1 year (Preferred)
- Amazon Web Services: 1 year (Preferred)
- TCP/IP: 1 year (Preferred)
- RDS: 1 year (Preferred)
- virtual servers: 1 year (Preferred)
- vSphere: 3 years (Preferred)
- Routing Protocols: 1 year (Preferred)
- Migration: 3 years (Preferred)
- current or recent USDA: 1 year (Preferred)
- Washington, DC (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19