DevOps Engineer /AWS developer / Cloud Engineer
Location: 100% remote
Candidates need to be located in The UK or EU
Rate: €250 - €340 per day (Open to Negotiation Depending on experience)
Contract duration: 12 months - Very likely to be extended
DevOps engineers with Kubernetes focus, Hands on experience on some of following technologies
- Kubernetes/Docker swarm
- REST Systems
- ELK, Metrics tools
- Ansible [Good to have]
- Any OOPS Language - Java/Ruby/etc
- Experience with Envoy/ISTIO [Good to have]
- Experience with Scripting
- Basics - DB, Message Bus, Caching, Load Balancing, Infrastructure
- Documenting skills
- AWS [Really Nice]
- Previous Cloud Migration experience [Good to have]
You will spend your time on the following:
- Design and Develop code using object-oriented coding principles, covered by unit and integration tests.
- Draw and implement abstract drawing board ideas into practical working components.
- Understand the big picture, conflicting views and participate constructively to find solutions.
- Identify and work with the stakeholders to define and implement success for the team.
- Collaborate with Product Management to define/plan/scope/prioritize/anticipate/mitigate the product backlog and/or tech debt.
- Actively participate in code reviews and technical discussions that help improve code quality of the product and help the team to be more productive.
- Lead complex cross-organization efforts that deliver high business value
- Own high level KPIs and metrics and plan for and guide decisions to achieve significant improvements in them.
- Represent/drive the team wherever possible and influence (if required) the stakeholders positively.
- Work with service owners across the company to make their services cloud ready.
- Support services on different technology stacks with application containerization, deployment and operation on Kubernetes/AWS.
- Identify gaps in our tooling and innovate proper solutions to bridge them as part of improving user experience.
- Ensure platform and application readiness in terms of capacity, performance, monitoring and stability.
- Guide/mentor fellow team members when needed.
We're excited about you if you have:
- Coding skills in one or more languages: Java, Ruby, C#, Python, Scala, Go or similar.
- Solid experience in designing foolproof, well-rounded, future-ready medium to large scale systems.
- Identify/define/implement/share engineering standards and best practices in software development.
- Good problem solver backed by solid analytical, logical and critical thinking.
- Deep understanding of the entire SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle).
- Deep understanding and solid working experience in microservices and relevant patterns.
- Good understanding of concepts such as Design-for-performance, Design-for-failure, Cloud Native, Cloud Ready, CI-CD, Observability and their associated tools/technology.
- Ability to work in a fast paced ever changing agile environment.
- Ability to lead, articulate and represent the team.
We value engineers who are:
- Customer-focused: We believe that doing what's right for the customer is ultimately what will drive our business forward.
- Obsessed with Quality: Your Production code just works & scales linearly
- Team players. You believe that more can be achieved together. You listen to feedback and also provide supportive feedback to help others grow/improve.
- Fast learners: We are willing to disrupt our existing business to trial new products and solutions. You love learning how to use new technologies and then rapidly apply them to new problems.
- Pragmatic: We do things quickly to learn what our customers desire. You know when it's appropriate to take shortcuts that don't sacrifice quality or maintainability.
- Owners: Engineers know how to positively impact the business by taking and owning initiatives.