For one of our ongoing Multiyear project, we are looking for a seasoned Cloud DevOps with CF/ Pivotal Cloud Foundry, vSphere infrastructure, & cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) IaaS Technical Consultant, who can initially work from our office in Chicago. After a month there may be a possibility of working remotely.
Responsibilities & Skills
- Enterprise Cloud Foundry/ Pivotal Cloud Foundryinstallation on a variety of IaaS providers, which may include AWS, Azure, GCP, vSphere, Openstack with security, backup/recovery, system resiliency
- Scales Cloud Foundry foundations. Assists with backlogs, upgrades, backup and recovery, and creating or integrating with existing CI/CD pipelines
- Assists with release engineering, deployment and lifecycle management of small and large scale cloud software through Bosh.
- Understanding of the private and public cloud platforms and providers, such as AWS, GCP, Azure and Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Experience managing high-performance and highly available production systems, including applications, storage and networks
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, DNS, DHCP, NAT) and various virtualization, Mainly vSphere technologies
- Experience configuring and maintaining secure, large-scale, complex, distributed applications or platforms
- Experience monitoring platform and application performance and usage
- Experience with automation scripts and CI/CD pipeline tools, including Jenkins or Concourse
- Experience with servers (Tomcat, WebLogic) and databases (Oracle, Mongo, Postgres), as well as Bosh, Chef, Puppet, Ruby, Go, Nagios, Splunk and/or Siteminder
Send your resume along with your current salary or rate/hr and contact details.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
IronBrick was established more than a decade ago with the vision to reduce the cost, risk, and effort of managing information. Today that vision is still strong, our innovative services and solutions transform IT environments by solving customer’s complex technology and business challenges. IronBrick demonstrates value by focusing on the highest priorities of our customers for IT modernization, from the data center to the cloud and from security to big data & analytics. Our list of federal and enterprise customers spans the globe, and we deliver results by leveraging long-standing partnerships with leading technology companies coupled with our high performing service practice.
- Key player in onsite operations & management (O&M) engagement with Federal IT organization encompassing technologies such as NetApp, Commvault, VMware, Cisco UCS, SolarWinds, and Windows Server 2016
- Perform FlexPod Express configuration and operations, backup management, data migrations, QA testing, and daily activities in the field for Federal customer
- Assist customer with creation of documentation and scripts for configuration management, asset management, and standard operating procedures
- Analyze and assess the impact of proposed changes to the environment prior to implementation
- Work independently to further government initiatives
- Work remotely with IronBrick Project Manager, Supervisor and/or Solution Architect, and lead operations of IronBrick technical architectures and custom consulting initiatives
- Quickly adapt to changing scenery and logistics providing customer assistance and IronBrick knowledge to compliment customer’s knowledge base. Guide and teach customer for best solution available
- Adhere to industry and IronBrick best practices for service delivery and assist in the ongoing development and documentation of the internal process and delivery guidelines
- Manage customer acceptance of the solution and customer expectations within the scope of the engagement
- Responsible for streamlined communications to Customer and IronBrick engagement team regarding the project status and progress
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or the equivalent in experience;
- Minimum SECRET clearance;
- Ability to work out of customer site in Washington, DC with occasional local travel
- Minimum two (2) years experience NetApp Clustered Data ONTAP, including backup and disaster recovery technical features such as SnapMirror, SnapVault, and SVM DR;
- Minimum two (2) years experience with VMware vSphere
- Minimum two (2) years experience with Windows Server operating system
- Experience with CommVault Backup & Recovery solutions, including some implementation experience
- Basic Layer 2 switching knowledge
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and understanding of LDAP and Active Directory integration with COTS applications;
- Understanding of infrastructure services including: DNS, DHCP, and SMTP;
- Experiencing creating/modifying MS Visio diagrams, create as-built documentation in MS Word;
- Experience with design, implementation, and support of multi-tiered application architecture;
- Ability to develop documentation for delivery to customer;
- Ability to handle critical information and sensitive situations;
- Ability to use sound judgment to effectively solve problems;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and efficiently handle multiple projects with shifting priorities;
- Excellent analytical/problem solving and troubleshooting skills in both structured and unstructured environments; and
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of Cisco Nexus switches and features such as vPC
- Familiarity with Cisco UCS C-Series servers, CIMC features, and VIC functionality
- Familiarity with PowerShell scripting
- Deployment and support experience for Orion SolarWinds (NPM, NTA, NCM, and LEM modules);
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL server clustering, consisting of both default and names instances;
- Ability to configure RAID and install an Operating System on a rack mount server
- Background in Microsoft High Availability Clustering ; and
- Industry Certifications
- NetApp: NCDA
- Cisco: CCNA
- VMware: VCP
Why Work for IronBrick:
Our people are our greatest assets. We offer exciting and challenging career opportunities with a competitive and a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following:
- Employer subsidized medical, dental and vision coverage;
- Employer-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability;
- Employer matching 401(K) with immediate vesting;
- Highly competitive PTO allowance and holidays;
- Maternity leave and Paternity leave;
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
The System Administrator will assist the IT team with insuring the trouble-free day to day operation of the divisional Windows servers and network equipment. This position requires hands-on experience with VMWare, Active Directory, Group Policy, and switches. He/she will assist in the development and maintenance of network communications. Tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements. Requires an associate degree in area of specialty or 6-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Individual must be able to work independently and well as being able to work from instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works without immediate supervision. Typically reports to the IT Director/Manager.
- HW/SW installation, general and advanced server maintenance and configuration.
- Provide end user support for all infrastructure services and applications.
- Engineering software installations and licensing schemes
- Server and system configuration, security and auditing.
- In depth hardware, software and network trouble-shooting.
- Manage technical projects and implementations at all levels of size and complexity
- Provide after hours on-call support as required.
- 5 years minimum experience in Windows administration
- Ability to work in an empowered and very dynamic environment, self-directed work team environment
- Experience with Windows Server, Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Bitlocker/MBAM, Microsoft GPOs, and Microsoft Certificate Authority.
- Ability to interface well with members of the organization, suppliers & customers, management and end users.
- Documentation skills
- Experience in Microsoft HyperV
- Experience with WSUS and Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP),
- Experience with Software distribution, (Bigfix is a plus)
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $40.00 /hour
- MIcrosoft HyperV: 1 year (Preferred)
- Windows administration: 5 years (Preferred)
- Leesburg, VA (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)