Duration: 12-month contract
IR35 Status: Engagement via Umbrella only
A Network Engineer is required to join a multinational technology client. The role will be based in Warwick, initially working remotely on a 12-month contract. About the role: You will be working on a Network Engineer project, focused on the delivery of a range of network support functions, including systems monitoring, diagnostics and trouble shooting. Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for ensuring 2nd/ 3rd line technical support is provided as needed.
- You will have to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders to deliver fully operational systems.
Key Skills: To succeed in this role, you should have:
- Experience of supporting network hardware and software in a complex multi-protocol environment.
- Experience of managing services incidents, requests, and problems.
- An understanding of the use of proxies, DNS / DHCP, security etc.
- Knowledge of a help desk system and managing service requests / incidents / problems
- Knowledge and experience of configuring firewall technologies such as Cisco ASA and Palo Alto
- Experience of configuring Cisco Nexus 7k, 5k & 2k switching fabrics.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience of diagnosing network issues and proposing resolution.
- An interest in learning about theories and concepts of data communications.
- An understanding of information security best practice.
- Load balancing technology configuration (Citrix NetScaler)
- Cisco ACI configuration.
If this role is of interest to you, please submit your CV in the first instance.