UX Designer - Financial Data & Transactional Services - 6 weeks UX Designer - Financial Data & Transactional Services - 6 weeks
The location of the role is London / remote working.
The duration of this contract is 6 weeks.
The pay rate on offer is £450 per day.
The client is a large, multinational high-street retailer.
Key skills and experience:
We have an exciting opportunity for a UX Designer to join our team in Stockport. You will join us on a fixed term contract for 6-12 months and in return, you will receive a highly competitive salary, plus excellent benefits.
**This role will initially start in a fully remote capacity, once we return to the campus there are home working options in place***
The UX DesignerRole:
As an UX Designer, you will assist our cross-functional squads improve their UX practices and the usability of our flagship consumer facing digital products.
Responsibilities as our UX Designer:
- Enabling squads to get the best results from UX practices
- Performing UX and design activities for CDL’s flagship consumer facing products
- Guiding our squads on UX decisions and best practice
- Formulating and test ideas with real end users in mind
- Ensuring the UX of our products actively contributes to company strategy
- Using sound judgment, data, evidence, and peer support to make effective UX decisions
- Striking a balance between user goals and business objectives
- Contributing to and improve the CDL UI component library
- Being responsible and accountable for your own work and professional development
- Conducting appropriate design activities to drive our products forward
CDL is one of the UK’s leading software development houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a consistent track record in the high-volume retail insurance sector. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
We’ve built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We pride ourselves on being part of a collaborative, inspiring working environment, with our employees at the heart of our company.
What we’re looking for in our UX Designer:
- Experience designing hi-fidelity prototypes for mobile apps and websites
- Able to quickly establish working relationships with product owners, business analysts, software engineers and QA’s
- Peer review and critique projects throughout design and development for usability
- Experience planning and performing user research and testing activities
- Experience creating design artefacts. For example, user journey and customer experience maps
- Commercial awareness – You will have experience delivering UX and design artefacts for client projects
- Experience in mobile, web and responsive environments
- Experience with design systems, both creation and management
Benefits of becoming our UX Designer:
- Top employer for 5th year running
- Flexible hours
- Flexible working - home working options
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Health and Wellbeing programme
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Virtual activities, lunch and learns, coffee mornings and meetups
- 25 days holiday to start
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects
- Dress down policy
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer bbq, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Car wash, barber, yoga classes, boot camp and massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms
Do you enjoy working within a fast-paced challenging environment, with opportunities to grow? If yes, please click ‘apply’ now to be considered for this UX Designer role!