FineView Marketing is a full-service marketing agency dedicated to working with small and mid-sized self storage and commercial real estate clients. We specialize in marketing efforts to help our clients drive leads and meet occupancy goals.
We are currently looking for a WordPress developer to use on a freelance or contract basis. This role centers around our client websites and digital components of potential integrated marketing campaigns. The person in this role needs to be aware of how the marketing process works as the role will support the overall marketing process for our clients.
This role will also include working our marketing teams to ensure the site can be supported internally after launch.
We offer our clients both template and custom options, always built out on the WordPress platform. Our templated WordPress theme is designed specifically for the self storage industry. The template needs to be easily cloned and re-branded for new clients. At times new features will need to be designed and deployed across all current client websites on this template.
individual must have an eye for modern design, a mindset for user experience, and the capability execute in a fast-paced environment.
Deployment of our websites currently lies with our internal marketing team, however this is a function we would like to eventually move to this positing.
CORE COMPETENCIES, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Web Design/Development Skills
- Proficiency in WordPress CMS including the WYSIWYG editor interface as well as the PHP structure, and preferred plugins
- Proficiency in web markup including HTML5 and CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms such as LESS and SASS
- Proficiency in responsive design/mobile first concepts and principles
- Working knowledge of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility with efficient troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
Communication & Organizational Skills
- Communicate clearly and accurately on project statuses and deadlines and deliver accordingly
- Ability to create efficient workflows, bulk process repeated/routine workflows, and set boundaries to stay focused
- Ability to work directly with our internal marketing team including graphic designers, copywriters and marketing managers
- Contribute openly regarding recommendations, research, strategies, and efficiencies
- Demonstrate an ability to organize workload and workflow
- Prepare thorough, accurate, and consistent work reflective of FineView’s quality standards
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of professional web development experience
- Expert proficiency with WordPress, HTML, and CSS
- Ability to integrate a custom HTML and CSS design with a WordPress theme
- Ability to develop and maintain a custom WordPress theme
Job Type: Contract
- WordPress web development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Austin, TX (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Fully Remote
- One location
- Monday to Friday