We are looking for a driven and passionate Senior Wordpress developer with an emphasis on frontend/ux to join our growing team. Please note we are interested in a developer with a minimum of 3 years Wordpress dev experience.
- Full time contract (40 hours/wk)
- Pay: $80k - $105k depending on skill and experience
- Work remotely
- We're ready to start immediately
- Expert level in PHP, CSS/SCSS, HTML
- Responsive front-end development
- Expert level of understanding of wordpress core and custom theme development
- 3 years minimum Wordpress experience developing plugins and themes from scratch
- Working Knowledge in MySQL and manipulating data in database at scale
- Working knowledge with CSS preprocessors (Sass, Scss) and understands their benefits and limitations in producing efficient, maintainable code.
- Experience using Git
- Strong understanding of front-end performance and creating sites that make efficient use of resources
We want someone who:
- Is a constant learner and is curious about new technologies
- Doesn't settle for good enough but always pushes the bar
- Organized in workflow and writes modular code, thinking about future maintenance of the code and your fellow teammates
- Executes intended design with a high level of accuracy
- Terrific communication skills with teammates
- Balances a painstaking attention to detail with an efficient workflow
Your job would be to develop and or maintain fully-responsive Wordpress sites. This will require building custom themes and plugins as well as leveraging existing resources and customizing them to our needs. If you have sharp PHP skills, are an expert in wordpress theme development and enjoy bringing modern designs to life, then this job is for you!
Nice to haves:
- Experience in split testing (using tools like Google’s Optimize or Optimizely)
- Design experience - We really value developer/designer hybrids!
- Devops/sysadmin experience
A little about us
We are a small team of marketers, designers and developers building and maintaining various Wordpress websites that we own/operate. We hold ourselves to the highest standards in our work but love to have fun in the process. We often work in pajamas.
* When applying, please include links to your recent work, noting your roll in the project. We care less about resumes and formal education, and more about seeing your abilities.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $80,000.00 to $105,000.00 /year
- WordPress: 3 years (Required)
- PHP: 5 years (Preferred)
- Web Design: 4 years (Preferred)
- Responsive development: 4 years (Preferred)
- Remote/Work from home