To execute a 6 month engagement to consolidate all applications, services, and data from the legacy Engility organization/servers/logical locations, and re-platform to customer-hosted/managed systems.
Consolidation of Data Centers
1. Must Have Skills: Requirements/Overview: The Windows/App System Administrator will join a team and be immediately effective in assessing, planning, and executing the migration of applications, data, and services off of legacy hardware, domains, and infrastructure and into the customer SDDC/domains.
a. Proficient in installing, configuration, and/or migration applications and data between Windows-based virtualized server environments.
b. Very experienced in managing role-based and explicitly defined permissions, including Active Directory mapping, LDAP configuration, and NTFS-based ACL’s in applications, on files, and for logical access to systems and databases.
c. Experience in a wide range of Web/Application engines including IIS and WebLogic, and supporting a wide range of commercial applications and development solutions (i.e. Git, Subversion, Sharepoint/TFS, etc.).
d. Familiar/Comfortable working with VMWare-based data centers (e.g. experience provisioning virtual machine resources, configuring and using vSwitches and virtual networks, mounting ISO’s, etc.)
e. Experience managing/working with storage hardware including NetApp, Isilon, EMC, and related Storage- and Data-Management technologies (snapshots, clones, mirroring, backups, etc.) and/or working with Storage/Server Engineering teams who deliver hardware compute and storage solutions.
f. Database Administration experience (MS SQL, Oracle) a plus, familiarity in working with DBA highly desired.
g. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and able to gather/review requirements and develop specific actions and tasks in order to deliver complete solutions, including transition and stabilization/follow-up activities, with the assistance/guidance of a PMO team.
h. Experience managing diverse services and application catalog in a large-scale data center a must, demonstrated by clear proficiency/ability to prioritize tiers of service and articulate a strategy to assess, plan, and execute such a migration.
i. Must be able/willing to assist in the dispositioning and removal of server/data center equipment in Ashburn, VA as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
Storage Array and SAN Switch Skills:
Moving from a physical Data Center to a Virtual Data Center
o Physical Data Center: Unity, Isilon, Cisco Switches, NetApps
o Virtual Data Center: VMware Based, vSwitches, Virtual Networks
Nice to Have Skills (include “soft Skills” critical to success):
- The Windows/App System Administrator will join a team and be immediately effective in assessing, planning, and executing the migration of applications, data, and services off of legacy hardware, domains, and infrastructure and into the Customer SDDC/domains.
- Highly Organized
- Working Knowledge of SQL or Oracle Databases
Windows Active Directory, VMWare
Job Type: Contract
- system administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- 5 - 6 months
- One location