Major League Hacking (MLH) is looking for a Web Designer to help us educate and empower our community. Every year, thousands of developers, designers, and makers attend MLH events where they learn new skills and develop a deep passion for technology. As a Web Designer, you’ll be responsible for helping us translate our goals into compelling interactive web experiences for our community. You’ll partner with a front-end developer and our CEO to quickly bring your designs to life.
This is a 4 - 6 week contract role for 20 to 30 hours per week. We’ll ask you to come to our office for in-person sessions some days, but you will be able to work remotely once the project is underway.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Prototype designs using wireframes & low-fidelity mockups. You’ll wireframe and prototype designs that address the project goals while staying within the requirements.
- Design compelling web & email experiences. You’ll partner with our CEO to select a direction from the prototypes you create and then you’ll turn it into a high-fidelity design that you can hand off to the developer.
- Ability to design attractive, useable web pages in Illustrator, Sketch, or the program of your choice.
- Experience wireframing & iterating on designs based on user feedback.
- Attention to detail.
- Responsiveness — we’ll be iterating over your work quickly.