Web Application Engineer
We’re looking for a talented Web Application Engineer who knows how to balance a passion for problem-solving with a passion for UX and UI to join this growing team. Work with a dynamic team leading POLYWOOD’s digital transformation through web application development, API integrations, and much more.
This is a full time salaried, exempt position and includes a competitive benefits package.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- An experienced web engineer with a proven track-record of using software development best practices
- An adaptable and results-driven professional with experience navigating product pivots and successfully shipping product
- A problem solver and creative thinker, who takes pride in writing clean, scalable, well-tested code
- Someone with a solid understanding of how web applications work (including security and session management) and how to integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- A professional who manages time and prioritizes effectively to meet deadlines
- Someone who is energized by the dynamics of a start-up environment, demonstrating flexibility, resourcefulness, and high energy to get work done
- A team player who knows how to collaborate and communicate well
- Open to remote work based on experience and ability to travel to office 25% of the time
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
- Work with team lead and other web engineers to code and deliver features, functionality, and fixes quickly and with high quality
- Work with company leadership to properly scope features
- Work with business users across campuses in operations, sales, finance/accounting, and IT to troubleshoot issues and understand business needs
- Build out new functionality in POLYWOOD’s Manufacturing Execution System (LAMP application)
- Work with team lead and technology leadership to modernize MES architecture to support company growth
- Develop integrations by creating API endpoints and connecting to third-party system APIs
- 3+ years of industry experience developing products using modern technologies
- Ability to interact with business users to understand business problems
- Experience with working within existing systems and architectures while working toward modernization of those systems
- Proficiency with collaborative version control and issue tracking software such as Github/Bitbucket and JIRA
- Experience working on a large-scale system to make it faster, more scalable, and fault-tolerant
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly, with minimal direction
- Comfortable with taking the initiative to research any software tools or concepts you are not familiar with
- Willingness to learn and push your skillset forward
Back in 1990, we were the first to create outdoor furniture from recycled plastic materials. Made with genuine POLYWOOD lumber is a brand promise — our furniture is built to be enjoyed season after season after season. But more importantly, our goal is to help create spaces where friends and family can gather, relax, and connect.
POLYWOOD was founded in a garage by two high school friends with a great idea. But, it's really our founders' original mission of stewardship, to do something meaningful for future generations, that remains at our core today. We’ve been in a little lake town, Syracuse, IN since 1990 and have grown from those two friends in a garage to over 500 employees. In 2018, we expanded to a second location in Roxboro, NC. We’re a rapidly growing company that values employees with an entrepreneurial spirit. Our continual growth and success is fueled by a highly collaborative culture. We support a cross-departmental atmosphere where employees are encouraged to utilize all of their skills to their full potential. Together, we keep a constant focus on the future and promise to create and deliver thoughtfully-designed products made in the USA.