CMA CGM, founded by Jacques R. Saadé, is a leading worldwide shipping group. Its 509 vessels call more than 420 ports in the world on all 5 continents. In 2018, they carried 20.71 million TEUs (twenty-foot equivalent units).
Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM enjoys a continuous growth and keeps innovating to offer its customers new maritime, terrestrial, and logistical solutions.
With a presence in 160 countries and through its 755 agencies network, the Group employs more than 37,000 people worldwide, including 2,400 in its headquarters in Marseilles.
This position will be responsible to :
- Develop reports, queries and stored procedures, T-SQL, indexing, performance tuning and security.
- Develop web & client application, as well as data load / extract, testing and deployment.
- Plan, manage and develop MS SQL, MySQL databases.
- Modify existing applications, interfaces, and reports
- Participate in all phases of Software Development and support
- Apply basic process improvement models and methodology
- Develop technical specifications, documentation and code while working independently or as part of a team.
- Contribute to the design and development of process improvement projects
- Provide multi-office support to key business users and end users
- Support and troubleshoot production systems as required, optimizing performance and resolving production problems in a timely manner.
- Proactively identify problems and make recommendations regarding solutions.
- Suggest innovative ideas to solve business problems with existing or new technology.
- Perform root cause analysis on re-occurring problems and make recommendations to eliminate the issue.
- Effectively utilize data analysis tools and techniques.
- Use project management techniques and software.
- Anticipate potential project problems and respond appropriately.
- Understand business processes as part of the entire business operation.
- Provide effective automation of administrative and maintenance tasks
- Miscellaneous related duties or projects as assigned.
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Requirements:
- High Diploma required
- Minimum of 5 years business experience.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of technical experience using T-SQL, Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL; PL/SQL
- Certifications in any of the following areas database, web or application development.
- Knowledgeable of business intelligence report design, dashboards and other information tools
- Knowledge of database theory and design.
- Knowledge of RDBMS.
- Experienced problem solver that enjoys working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter that can handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Enjoy working at a fast-growing, dynamic and entrepreneurial company.
- Highly motivated and dependable.
- Understand and use analysis tools and techniques.
- Possess effective time management skills.
- Be able to work remotely and available during non-business hours for administrative and maintenance tasks.
- Must be availble to work 8am-5pm, Monday thru Friday.
CMA CGM (America) LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classification.