You can be hired for this position without a degree or prior work experience.
Our hiring process is rigorous. We thoroughly vet all potential candidates to ensure we hire only the best professionals in the field. You will automatically be disqualified for this position if you fail to follow the instructions presented here when applying.
Our agency offers the opportunity to work with a highly collaborative, industry-proven team. We pride ourselves on the quality of service we provide. As a result, our creative digital marketing team works non-stop to maintain the highest standard of service for our clients.
We are looking for a take-charge personality who is passionate about web development and graphic design. The ideal candidate desires to grow with the company, is interested in rapid advancement, has leadership skills, is a team player, contributes to the company’s efficiency, and has a deep knowledge of industry best practices.
Projects come in fast and furious, so you’ll need to be able to hit the ground running. Self-starters tend to thrive within our agency. We adore employees who are willing to roll-up their sleeves and work through challenges quickly without error.
Ideally, after learning the ropes, you’ll assume responsibility for this department and continue leading your team to their professional best.
REASON YOU SHOULD APPLY
We’re a company that values our employees. We know the best way to create value for our clients is through appreciating our employees. When working here, you’ll be woking hand-in-hand with the sharpest minds in the industry to improve your skills and grow our company as a whole. Your ideas are welcome here.
We believe the only way to be the best is through continuous education. Our employees have a tremendous opportunity for growth and training.
WE OFFER THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK REMOTELY, so distance isn't an issue. Live outside of America but think you’d like to work for us? Apply! We have employees working remotely all over the world.
SKILLS YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Mastery of Photoshop & Illustrator
- An impressive portfolio
- Knowledge of creative trends along with a modern design aesthetic
- Confidence, experience and ability to communicate professionally with and present materials to clients
- Knowledge of what developers can and cannot do for the web
- Ability to perform well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Ability to perform well within a distracting environment, if working in-house
- Proficiency with typography and grids
- Extreme knowledge/understanding of color palettes, gradients, and flat
- Confidence with tools similar to TeamWork, QB, and Google Docs
- Experience with designing for the web
- Experience with designing e-commerce websites
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Passion for working with growing companies still in the startup phase
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, from 9am - 5pm.
- Reliable transportation, if working on-site.
- A fast reliable computer with reliable internet and electricity, along with a microphone and speakers if applying as a distance worker.
In this role, you will be
- Creating Wireframes
- Designing Website Mockups per creative briefs and other documentation
- Attending / Facilitating client meetings with the ability to turn non-technical web directives and specifications into the product the customer envisioned.
- Using Photoshop, Illustrator, and Fireworks to create images optimized for the web
- Incorporating custom fonts with tools such as typeset, sift, cuff, and more
- Enforcing, applying and maintaining our methodology while following project standards
- Establishing the overall vision of the project while analyzing tradeoffs between usability and performance while collaborating cross-functionally with other teams and team members.
- Continuously conceptualizing and designing intra-office marketing resources for company website and social pages
- Presenting organized files like Photoshop layered and folder files.
REMOTE / WORK FROM HOME OPTIONAL. APPLICANTS WHO SURPASS EXPECTATIONS IN SKILLS TESTING WILL BE HIRED REGARDLESS OF EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send over your resume. If you are an international applicant, please indicate your name or what name you answer to.
- List all certifications or degrees you hold within the body of the email.
- Links to your GitHub repository
- Links to your top 3 projects. All sites must be currently active. One of the 3 links you send over must be for an e-commerce site.
- Confirmation that you are able to work between the hours of 9am to 5pm PST, Monday - Friday for a total of a 40 hour work week.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $18.00 to $24.00 /hour
- e-commerce: 2 years (Preferred)
- Wordpress Development: 4 years (Preferred)
- photoshop: 5 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Other forms
- 1 year