TITLE: WEB ADMINISTRATOR MIDDLEWARE II
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, DC
This job position is for a Web Administrator who is responsible for maintaining Web environment by identifying system requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring system performance for both on-prem and AWS and Azure Cloud. The incumbent will work in the ITS Enterprise Services (ITSEN) unit at the Client.
HIRING MANAGER’S COMMENT: MULTITASKER WITH DEVOPS AND MIDDLEWARE (JBOSS ADMINISTRATOR) EXPERIENCE BOTH.
WEB ADMINISTRATION SKILLS:
- Experience installing and managing web and application
- Experience administering JAVA (J2EE) on JBoss/IBM WebSphere
and .NET applications on Microsoft IIS
- Experience administering and supporting SharePoint 2013
large enterprise farms.
- Experience on AWS and Azure Cloud infrastructures.
- Experience in DevOps workflows and common CI/CD tools (TFS,
- Automate Cloud provisioning using AWS CFT, Azure ARM
- Experience in developing Chef cookbooks.
- Experience implementing different authentication types like
SiteMinder, Azure AD, LDAP, etc.,
- Automate administrative tasks using scripting languages like
PowerShell, Python, Shell script, etc., and document and share with the team.
- Experience using monitoring tools such as Splunk, App
Dynamics, PerfMon etc.,
- Manage mission critical applications in a complex
environment with minimum supervision.
- Excellent problem solving, design and debugging skills.
- Analyze and maintain operational metrics for trending and
- Analyze performance data to ensure optimal use of resources
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP, SiteMinder, DNS,
Networking, Load balancers and security principles.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Manage, administer, maintain and support web platforms such
as IIS, JBoss, IBM WebSphere, SharePoint, AWS and Azure Cloud services.
- Work with the development teams to test and deploy solution
configurations on the Microsoft Windows platform.
- Perform troubleshooting, follow up and root cause analysis.
- Continuous improvement based on the issues discovered
- Identify and manage dependencies with other systems and
elements of the IT infrastructure.
- Ensure developed applications and systems are delivered to
customers in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years demonstrated work experience.
- 4+ years' experience in installing and managing web and
- 2 to 3 years' experience administering JAVA (J2EE) on
JBoss/IBM WebSphere and .NET applications on Microsoft IIS
- 2+ years of hands on experience working on AWS and Azure
- Strong production experience in managing SharePoint
infrastructure in a Farm.
- Certifications in relevant technology is a plus.
- Proven work experience in enterprise level application
deployment and design.
- Systems Thinking - Researches the critical and underlying
relationships between primary business, technology and systems platforms.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal),
including the ability to foster good working relationships with peers and clients and experience conveying technical information to non-technical customers.
- Client Orientation - Takes personal responsibility and
accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Collaborates with
other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines,
taking pride in meeting shared and individual deliverables and achievements.
Job Type: Contract