The Creative Group is looking for a UX/UI Designer for a remote contract project. The role will be working remotely, but candidates in the Austin area is ideal.
• Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with designers, researchers, product managers and engineers.
• Learn about complex products and user workflows to develop product designs.
• Help conduct and use user research to create personas and user journey maps.
• Collaborate and develop information architecture of new web applications.
• Create low-fidelity designs and translate them to high-fidelity mockups and prototypes.
• Collaborate and help concept interactive visualizations of big data.
• Work with engineering to implement designs.
• Help build and document a design system from existing style guide requirements.
• Utilize best practices for grids, Material UI, and accessibility to create visual designs.
• Be familiar with web accessibility standards and willing to learn more.
• Have great organizational skills to document designs in Figma and Confluence.
• Minimum 3 years' experience as a UX/UI designer or similar role.
• BS in design, computer science, relevant field or comparable experience in a bootcamp.
• Portfolio of design projects.
• Experience building products from the start of the product development cycle.
• Knowledge of design tools like Figma, Sketch, InVision, etc.
• Familiar with Material Design documentation.
• Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and has a bias for action.