Front-End Developer (Mid to Senior Level)
Kollabio, a boutique digital startup that provides digital transformation solutions, products and services to private and public sector, is seeking a Senior Front-End Developer with experience in Vue.js technology stack. Ideal candidate is passionate about building user-focused, modern and visually appealing web and mobile experiences for enterprise customers with an eye towards inclusive design and 508 compliance. You will be part of a small Agile team that is building a new platform for optimizing business process flows in the federal agencies and other commercial organizations.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- A problem solver. You aren't afraid to go deep, experiment, learn on the fly, and do the work.
- Passionate about turning complex business requirements into working software that delights users.
- Humble but opinionated. You have lots of ideas, yet you are happy to shift directions when a better path emerges. You take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
- An active collaborator. You want feedback on your work early and often, and you get a kick out of a collaborative process because it challenges you to do better work.
- Engaging beyond 1s and 0s. You understand that empathizing with our customers, building relationships with your co-workers, and going deep on the product makes you a better teammate and a better engineer.
- Work closely with the Product Owner, Architect and UX Designer to develop high-performance, reusable, secure and loosely coupled web interfaces and components
- Communicate directly with customers, product owners, test automation engineers, and UX designers throughout all stages of the Agile development lifecycle to implement application features.
- Code every day. Although we expect technical and product leadership, this is primarily an executional role.
- Ensure code is 508 compliant by actively scanning and mediating issues using technologies such as WAVE and AMP
- Follow a Test-First and Security-First approach to ensure code developed is secure, robust and is of high-quality
- Decompose assigned Stories from the backlog, develop coding and design tasks to ensure software meets specified performance, scalability and reliability requirements.
- Communicate status in daily Agile Scrums, providing demonstrations of code and contributing to the Agile team whenever required.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 3-4 years of hands-on experience with Vue, Vuex, Nuxt and Vuetify
- 2+ years of experience in development web applications for enterprise customers
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience in integrating with backend REST and / or GraphQL based APIs.
- Experience with Bootstrap or other responsive, fluid design frameworks
- At least two years of experience with Agile development methodology, preferably SAFe or Scrum.
- Experience with Cloud platforms, APIs/Frameworks, and deploying web based micro services into cloud platforms such as AWS
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with a backend language/framework (e.g. Node, Python, Go, PHP, etc.)
- Experience with automated build tools, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Experience with Agile ALM tools such as Atlassian Jira and Confluence, Jenkins, Sonar, etc.
- Experience with Government agencies, 508 compliance and 508 compliance testing tools such as WAVE and AMP
- Good oral and written communications skills with experience in delivering/presenting to the customer are a plus.
- Front-end: ES6, Vue, Vuex, Nuxt, Vue Router, Vuetify, Webpack, HTML5, CSS
- Components & Design: Agile Scrum,Storybook, Atomic design, SaaS
- Testing: Cypress.js, Ghost Inspector, Cucumber, Jasmine, Selenium WebDriver
- Back-end: Node.js, Java, Graph Database, SQL, Redis, AWS
- Tools: Visual Studio Code, Jira, Confluence, Invision, Adobe Creative Cloud, AWS
W2 or 1099
Quality Assurance: Minimum 5 years (Required)
No staffing firms and third party agencies please !
About Kollabio, Inc.
Kollabio is a digital transformation firm that helps federal agencies and commercial organizations build digital experiences their customers love. Founded with a vision of becoming a new breed of consulting partner, we offer full-stack transformation expertise, products and solutions to help traditional organizations transform themselves into Agile, Software-Powered and Data driven organizations. Out team of technologists, designers and engineers help you re-invent business models, reimagine customer experiences, optimize business operations and deliver technology initiatives faster through digital. Our solutions include Digital Strategy, Experience Design, Cloud, Agile, DevOps and Intelligent Automation (IoT + Artificial Intelligence).
Kollabio, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
For more information please visit:
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $80,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Front-End Development: 5 years (Required)
- Ashburn, VA (Required)
- United States (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused