My client is one of the most successful Fintech houses in Belfast and they are now in need of a Senior Systems Engineer to join on an initial 12 month contract with a rate of £350-£450 a day.
The successful Systems Engineer (Contract) will support my client’s Enterprise Server Platforms. The appointed Systems Engineer (Contract) should have expert knowledge of Windows administration, configuration, networking, scripting and automation, large scale distributed computing, hardware/operating system/application interaction, and security best practices.
12 month initial contract with the view to extend.
- Accurately defines complex problem statements, gathers and compares data about the problems and document the details
- Prepares analysis report and seeks out all feasible alternatives
- Prioritizes the alternatives and works out a plan for execution, determining the consequences of each alternative on stakeholders
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the decision’s outcome in comparison to expected results from alternatives
- Prepares an implementation plan for the problem
- Collaborates with business owners and determines an optimal solution to stakeholders and senior management based on risk and cost
- Simplifies/decomposes the problem to smaller problems to reduce complexity
- Troubleshoots complex issues, determines the root cause, provides solutions, and takes initiative to see the solution through
- Demonstrates knowledge of advanced systems, distributed computing architecture (client server, intranet/internet), h/w platforms, and resources – CPU, memory, virtualization, clustering and cloud computing
- Configures systems and modifies settings to ensure proper functioning
- Windows Server Operating Systems – 2008 – 2016
- Chef, PowerShell, Active Directory, SCOM, SCCM
- Standard protocols including DNS, SMTP, NTP, NetBIOS, SMB/CIFS, RPC, HTTP, and SSL
- VMware ESX experience a plus
- MS SQL Server database experience a plus
- SAN & NAS technology a plus
- PowerShell scripting for OS and compatible applications and services
£350 -£450 a day
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Contract or Temporary IT job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Orla Fitzsimons in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250
Considering Contracting? Book in for an informal 1-2-1 during our ‘Contractor Info. Afternoons’, held every Wednesday & Friday. Our Contractor Experts, Orla Fitzsimons and Russell Kennedy, are here to help with your questions and discuss opportunities.
Job Reference: ORF143Syst_1552578925
Salary: £350 - £450 per day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 12 months
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Greater Belfast
Job Industry: Infrastructure Support
Job Skill: Window Systems Engineer, ACTIVE DIRECTORY, sccm, systems engineer, Windows server