This job has expired.
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
Senior DevOps Engineer @ Reston, VA
Contract to Hire
- Working within the Information Technology division and key business units, the Senior DevOps Engineer will support internal development teams by building self-service Continuous Delivery systems using Ruby, Rails/Sinatra, Docker, and React on the AWS cloud.
- The ideal candidate will have designed, developed, and automated solutions that support business functionality, but who has a passion for automation and learning new technologies. The candidate must possess the technical skills and experience using Ruby or React to build applications and services. We operate using Scrum and Kanban at the client, so experience using Agile methodologies to deliver software is a plus.
- Our Senior DevOps Engineers must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be adaptive to the changing needs of the department and the organization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Passion to learning new things (Voice interfaces, mobile development, Data Science)
- Experience writing full stack web applications using Rails/Sinatra/AWS Lambda and React
- Enjoys writing clean, concise code, and automated tests
- Create CI/CD infrastructure, infrastructure as code, and integration tests for the software you create
- Provide personalized support to the internal customers of the tools you build and maintain.
Education/Years of Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS.
- At least 5 years of experience using Ruby and/or Rails
- 1 – 3 years of experience using React, Docker, and AWS
Related Skills and Other Requirements:
- Ruby developer who values code simplicity and readability.
- Experience with Git, Docker, AWS Ruby SDK
- Experience with RESTful web services design, development and automated testing
- Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. rspec, or cypress.io)
- Knowledge of continuous integration systems like AWS CodeSuite or Jenkins a plus
- Ability to self-manage assigned tasks and projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication