Direct client requirement - "Sr Cloud Engineer - AWS"
Remote role now but Onsite later after 4-6 months
Only Green card and US Citizen (H1bs and other visas not accepted by client)
6 months + (extendable)
Note: There will be enhanced background check, fingerprinting and drug test for selected candidate, prior to joining.
Also, after few months, depending on Covid situation and contract extension, candidate may be required to come onsite.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of solutions development experience with at least 4+years in Cloud working with software and data engineering, CI/CD, Docker or related containerization technologies.
Imp - Client requires development/engineering experience in AWS.
- Proven hands-on experience with developing and migrating web applications securely in AWS using services such as Lambda, EC2, EKS (Elastic Kubernetes Service), data storage services such as RDS, Aurora etc. * Proven hands-on experience with moving, integrating, reporting and securing data in the Cloud with services such as Glue, S3, Athena, RedShift etc.
- Experience in AWS technologies such as CloudTrail, CloudWatch, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana), keys and certificate management, Cloud Front, VPN and networking configuration, firewalls, routing etc. * Experience in monitoring Hybrid environment, troubleshooting issues and resolution.
- Hands on experience in scripting and creation of IAC templates (preferably Terraform). * Understanding and experience on operational best practices for visibility, metrics and monitoring of cost; logging and alerting (using Splunk, etc.). * Experience with creating security policies and IAM objects such as roles and access provisioning.
- Good knowledge of CI/CD, DevOps/DevSecOps practices in Cloud using Jenkins, CloudFormation, Terraform etc. * Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment and coach others on Cloud best practices and development techniques.
Nice to Have:
- AWS Developer/Architect certification is a plus. * Knowledge of integration services like MuleSoft platform for integrating with on-premise applications or databases. * Experience with data analytics in AWS using services like SageMaker is a plus. * Experience with Federal Reserve System projects or work teams a plus.
Works closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards. Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget. Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy versus build recommendations. Has experience in systems analysis, design and a solid understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies.
. Primary Responsibilities:
- Works with the solutions architect in high-level architectural discussions and decision-making processes to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, cost effectiveness and agreed upon service levels in the cloud. * Generates scripts and templates required for the automatic provisioning of resources. Manages cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Provides advanced level design and engineering support of data integration and software systems for developing or migrating these systems to AWS. * Mentors, coaches and supports other project team members to improve Cloud -related technical abilities. Assists in the completion of complex and challenging assignments and is the go-to person for Cloud questions.
- Manages working on multiple concurrent projects with numerous deliverables simultaneously. Coordinates tasks with other project team members as appropriate. * Provides information for risk assessments regarding development and maintenance of IT security controls and protocols to protect applications and information in the Cloud. * Documents best practices and processes related to development practices, configuration, operational and security settings for Cloud solution development and operations.
Job Type: Contract
- AWS technologies such as CloudTrail, CloudWatch, ELK: 4 years (Preferred)
- data storage services such as RDS, Aurora: 4 years (Preferred)
- solutions development: 8 years (Preferred)
- CI/CD, DevOps/DevSecOps practices : 1 year (Preferred)
- AWS development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Do you need Visa/ sponsorship to work for Employer? (client can accept Green card/ US Citizen)