City : princetonState : NJJob Description :
- Lead and mentor individuals within the team, motivating colleagues and driving individual performance
- Lead the development of BI/DA solutions. This may include leading a team of technical resources, a team of business SME resources, or a combination of both.
- For smaller efforts, create and maintain project plans, monitor progress and resolve issues. On larger efforts, work collaboratively with the TPC/TPL on the project plan, report progress and resolve issues.
- Provide technical and business expertise to:
- Lead discussions and facilitate meetings to elicit requirements and thoroughly understand business needs and issues
- Design and develop business solution, e.g. reporting, information delivery solutions, data visualization, scorecards, and dashboards
- Design and develop multi-dimensional and tabular models, as well as extract, transformation, and load (ETL) processes to convert operational transactional data into dimensions and fact tables.
- Make use of modern data visualization tools (such as Microsoft PowerBI)
- Participate in the design and development of enterprise wide solutions and data repositories. Make recommendations to improve the efficiency and functionality of the database, BI/DA environment and associated processes.
- Document technical solutions and deliver technical presentations to diverse audiences
- Implement high quality deliverables on time, on budget and on agreed upon scope.
- Consult with end users to refine and enhance existing BI/DA solutions.
- Promote the use and capabilities of IT BI/DA solutions and self-serve reporting in support of optimizing business operations. Identify ways in which technology can be used by the business to drive efficiencies and deliver greater value for the customer.
- Work collaboratively across IT and with business users and all-levels of management users to determine information needs and effective delivery methods.
- Develop and deliver reports on an ad-hoc basis using MSBI. Develop and execute a verification and security strategy to ensure the accuracy of the data distributed in the reports.
- Proactively manage and support production solutions and processes, taking responsibility to address any issues following through to resolution. Ensure 24x7 availability of enterprise solutions. Schedule and coordinate infrastructure maintenance activities such as hardware and software upgrades and maintenance. Perform technical administration activities such as install, configure, control failover and load balancing across multiple servers and maintain security.
- Adhere to reference architecture and software development lifecycle (SDLC) standards and guidelines.
- Maintain an expertise of data management disciplines outside data analytics (data modelling, data integration, data warehousing, BI, ecosystems, industry tools, architectures and methods, harmonization, etc.).
- Build and maintain positive business relationships with business users, management and other technical groups across the organization.
- Adhere to ethical standards and comply with the laws and regulations applicable to your job function
Job Type: Contract
- United States (Required)