Broadridge is hiring! This is a contract role for a SQL Server ETL Software Engineer to work remotely. You will support our client engagements, crafting and implementing information technology initiatives that align with the mission of Broadridge. Are you a self starter with a real passion for Technology? If you're looking for a growing and dynamic opportunity, we encourage you to read below!
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Development and support of multiple strategic applications for Broadridge products
- Deliver high quality software, on-time, following Broadridge SDLC processes.
- Require hands on coding in the following technologies: T-SQL (SQL Server), Java, XML, JSON
- Provide for the creation, maintenance, development, improvement, and overall performance and function of OLTP Databases, Data warehouse and reporting and analysis environments.
- Work within and across teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
- Ensure technical & security best practices along with Broadridge standards are adhered to on continuous basis.
- Translate business requirements into technical designs.
- Solve production issues as needed and participates in technical design sessions.
- Give technical solutions for software development projects.
- Understand dependencies between software and other parts of the processing stack.
- Provide estimates of all priority and non-priority projects along with recommended scope or schedule changes based on capacity and unforeseen challenges
- Identify potential issues while staying focused on identified priorities.
- Collaborate with peers to deliver high quality work by established deadlines.
- Guide more junior associates through established processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering, or in a related field.
- 4-5 years of proven experience within a programming and application system environment, with solid experience and a working knowledge in the following technologies:
- T-SQL (SQL Server)
- XML, JSON
- ETL Tools, ETL (Extract, transform, load) techniques
- Source Code repositories (GIT)
- 4-5+ years of experience working in Financial software or related field.
- 4-5 years of proven ability with commercial software architectures at both a software and infrastructure level
- Functional skills – Application Development Life Cycle / Waterfall and Agile Development, System Design and Architecture, DevOps / Deployment automation
- Ability to work under pressure and be highly adaptable
- Strong written and communications skills for collaboration with various teams and upper management
- Able to adapt and adopt change and support business strategy and vision.
- Hardworking teammate who understands and respects personal & cultural differences
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age or any other protected status. "Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion. Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth." US applicants: Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation in the event you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Companys career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request a reasonable accommodation(s) by calling 888-237-7769 or by sending an email to BRcareers@broadridge.com