We are looking for a mid-level SQL Developer/Jr DBA who is a quick learner and a team player. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 5+ years of experience designing and developing MS SQL Server databases and business intelligence data solutions. The person will work with Director of Database Engineering and ETL team to implement data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance scripts; resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues and other database related issues.
- Exploiting raw digital data from a variety of sources including, but not limited to OLTP, SQL databases, Excel, Access and flat files.
- Design, develop, revise, and maintain SQL scripts, code, and queries for data translation, conversion, and reporting.
- Retrieve data from various sources and prepare data for analysis. Assist data analysts with complex query development, tuning and schema refinement.
- Review and evaluate the existing data sources, Correlating data from multiple data sets. and analyze the conversion steps required.
- Convert existing data, using ETL processes, creating queries and scripts to manipulate the data into the format needed.
- Creating and preparing intelligence products that explain the meaning of findings in a way that resonates with senior policy makers.
- Refine and automate existing database processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Provide post conversion issue resolution, inefficiencies and/or recommendations for existing process changes.
- Works as needed with application developers to ensure that database environment optimally supports application requirements and that changes in the database environment are implemented promptly and smoothly
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Train data analysts in SQL and SSIS solutions development.
Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years MS SQL Server Developer experience including 2+ years of SSIS Development
- Strong SQL development skills; demonstrated competence developing complex Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and other database objects, as well as developing SSIS packages.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2, 2012 and 2014 database engine.
- Ability to design and implement relational databases
- Experience with SSIS - SQL Server Integration Services /DTS
- Experience with SQL Server Profiler.
- Experience in Health care domain is a plus.
- Self-starter that takes initiative to fill in gaps where needed
- Team player with strong soft skills (e.g., communication, interpersonal, collaboration)
This is a 3-6 month contract with possible extension depending upon performance. Please include hourly rate and availability in the application.
Job Type: Contract
Job Type: Contract
- DBA: 1 year (Preferred)
- SQL: 3 years (Preferred)
- Master's (Preferred)
- Leesburg, VA (Required)
- United States (Required)
Full Time Opportunity: