Title: Sr. Database Administrator/T-SQL Developer
Not able to provide sponsorship
In this role you will be splitting your time between database developer and database administrator functions. As a database developer, you will be working closely with the Application Developers to create new, complex stored procedures and functions using T-SQL in the MS SSMS environment while ensuring compliance to database best practices. As the Senior Database Administrator you are responsible for the performance, integrity and security of the Company databases. Additionally, you will be responsible for planning and troubleshooting the databases and related web application systems.
As Database Developer you will:
As Senior Database Administrator you will:
· Manage and analyze database performance, high availability and capacity of systems.
· Manage operations and configuration for back-end database and related web servers, including database performance optimization, upgrading, applying patches, securing, tuning, audit-tracking and reporting.
· Build database schema, tables, procedures and permissions.
· Control access permissions and privileges.
· Implement table and index partitioning when required
· Analyze, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency.
· Oversee backups, database server clusters, mirroring, replication and failover.
· Restore and recover corrupted databases.
· Implement data backup, business continuity and disaster recovery plans for the managed systems. Oversee and Support the backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
· Evaluate and recommend new database technologies.
· Perform capacity planning in order to provide recommendations for hardware and software acquisition.
· Provide after-hours support on a rotational basis with other staff.
The successful candidate should possess a documented track record of successful accomplishments in previous positions and the following minimum skill set:
· Over 5 years of experience as a Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator
· Extensive knowledge and use of RDBMS and Web application servers.
· Extensive experience installing and configuring Microsoft Failover Clusters and installing and configuring Microsoft SQL Server in Active/Active and Active Passive clusters.
· Experience managing databases in multiple instance environments such as Development, Testing, Demo and Production.
· Practical experience in managing operations and configuration for backend database and related web application systems, including application performance optimization, securing, tuning, audit tracking and reporting. Experience with data backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover technologies.
· Candidate should be extremely organized and detail-oriented
· Keen ability to collaborate with others and willingness to think outside the box
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
Capability to get along with others, self-starter, fun to be around
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $50.00 - $60.00 per hour
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
This Company Describes Its Culture as: