Remote, USA, Contract/Contract to Hire - MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES
How can you apply your technical expertise to help clients transform data into new business value?
4 Mile Analytics is a full-service consultancy with expertise in strategy, data analytics, data engineering, and software development. We believe in the power of data to form compelling narratives that drive innovation. Our guiding principle is to help our clients move up the chain of analytic maturity.
Our developers have contributed code to projects that have transformed the world's largest companies. We focus on pragmatic solutions to our clients' most complex data problems. Every day presents fresh opportunities to develop your technical, leadership, and business skills.
We value in our team-mates:
- Curious minds who are inclined to ask, “Why?”
- Strong problem-solvers who are comfortable in unfamiliar situations, and can view challenges through multiple perspectives
- Driven to develop technical skills for oneself and team-mates
- Ability to connect with clients and colleagues of different backgrounds and communication styles, through empathy and clear verbal, visual, and written communication
- Equates professional achievement with happy end-users
You'll work on the following:
- A wide variety of engineering projects including data visualization, web services, data engineering, web-portals, SDKs, and integrations — in numerous languages, frameworks, and clouds
- Apply continuous delivery practices to deliver high-quality software and value as early as possible.
- Work in collaborative teams to build new customer experiences
- Participate in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery from ideation to deployment
What we're looking for:
- Ability to lead the delivery of major features and moderately complex projects
- Ability to mentor and guide junior developers
- Familiarity with at least one cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with database fundamentals
- Ability to write high-quality, well-tested code and comfort with Object-Oriented or functional programming patterns
- Past experience quickly learning new languages and frameworks
- Familiarity with Agile methods, such as Scrum and/or Kanban
- Desire to influence others, advocate for technical excellence, while remaining flexible
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and self-direction