As a Software Engineer for the Gemalto NORAM Biometrics team located in Reston, you will provide software development support for existing production based systems and participate in new feature development of our fingerprint recognition systems. You will leverage your experience with C#, .NET, C++, API development with Restful web services, SQL, Oracle and SQL Scripting as well as other tools. You will collaborate with other technical teams as you participate in agile and waterfall projects. You will not only work on enhancing and supporting existing products, but you will also have the opportunity to adapt new technologies to future products. You must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a public trust security clearance.
A week in the life of a Software Engineer:
- You will develop software components for the assigned project.
- You will support the troubleshooting, development and implementation of change requests for existing and new software.
- You will communicate and work directly with the team and customers to collect requirements, ask questions, and provide status.
- You will document new and existing software architectures.
- You will support multiple, simultaneous small- to mid-sized, software development tasks, along with other engineers and management team members.
- You will work closely with the quality assurance team, change/ configuration management team, and other technical and support team members.
- You will provide reporting inputs to internal company management.
- You will estimate the level of effort needed to complete proposed project tasks.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must have: development experience in .Net, C#, C, a good knowledge with Windows, IIS, client & server setup, and familiarity with SQL database and Oracle database and SQL scripts.
- It would be preferred if you have experience in VB.Net, ASP.Net, REST API, and VBA/VB6 scripting (for MS Access), experience in database development for Oracle and MS SQL Server, experience with system administration on Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2012 and forward), Windows Workstation (Windows 7 and Windows 10), experience with simple database administration on Oracle and MS SQL Server, experience in biometric software development, and familiarity with a full development cycle.
- You must be a U.S. citizen with dual citizenship not accepted and be able to obtain a public trust clearance per contract requirements.
- You must be fluent in English.
- We would like someone to join our team who has a positive attitude, is a team player, is willing to learn new technologies, and is able to work with minimum supervision.
- You must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- We are looking for someone with at least 5 years of experience with software development and application support.
- Travel of up to 5% within and outside of the US.
- Apply now before this career opportunity is filled. We look forward to reading your CV!
Employees are required to perform the duties of this position, or any Gemalto position, in compliance with all company policies, procedures, practices, and processes, whether written or verbal, which Gemalto, in its sole discretion, may change periodically, including, but not limited to, those implemented to ensure product, physical plant, information systems and technology security, along withal federal, state and local regulations and public policies. Protect Gemalto assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference. React and help resolve security events or security risks reported by employees. Ensure responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken.
Gemalto, a Thales Company, is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, or other protected group status. We support and apply this policy through a program of affirmative action. This includes special efforts to employ and advance within our organization, qualified members of protected groups. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please direct your inquiries to the Human Resources Department at careers.america @ gemalto.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- software development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- United States (Required)