ENSCO, Inc. is seeking a Full Stack Developer to join an established development team providing services and solutions to the railroad industry. The Developer will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, maintaining, and testing n-tier enterprise applications for a range of products supporting rail safety. The position will develop technologies and products under the guidance of the Product Managers. The Developer will participate with development teams and meetings. We are looking for a passionate individual who enjoys learning new technologies to help drive and improve software development. Other responsibilities will include working with the team to define task breakdowns and effort estimates, as well as preparing design and test documents.
In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Charlottesville, VA office. We do allow for flexible hours, with telecommuting opportunities that require approval from management.
Qualifications Required (Skills):
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related engineering field and 2 - year related experience
- Programming Languages: Java or C#
- Version Control: Git
- Methodologies: Agile
- Application and Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTP
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL and MS SQL
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Languages: Python, .net
- Frameworks: Angular, React, JQuery, Spring, Spring Boot
- Experience with data visualization and analytics tools
- Experience using web services and RESTful APIs
- Experience working in AWS
- Experience with GIS, postgres and geospatial tools
- Experience with ETL and data warehouse concepts
Drug Screen Type:
Contract Award Contingency:
Internal Position Title:
Software Engineer II
Background Check Type:
Export Control and Licensing:
This position may involve access to technology or technical data that is controlled under U.S. export control laws and regulations and the release of which to a foreign national may require an export license from the U.S. Government.
ENSCO's ATE Division is recognized globally as a leading provider of railway infrastructure inspection technology. Our products and services are provided to governments and railways in more than 12 countries on five continents. ENSCO work helps prevent train derailments and has a significant impact on the protection of human life, the environment and the economy.
Our team of more than 145 staff supports leading-edge technology projects in many exciting areas:
- Sensor systems integration: inertial, positioning (GPS/RFID), laser scanners, imaging (line scan, area scan, thermal), ultrasonic, ground penetrating radar, LIDAR
- Autonomous deployment of sensors, positioning systems and wireless communications on active rail cars to inspect railways
- Machine vision algorithm development to detect conditions traditionally inspected by humans
- Enterprise web-based data management systems to display, report and conduct big data analytics
ENSCO's ATE Division is an exciting place to work and grow with many key benefits for technical staff, including:
- "Innovation Fridays:" Staff is given time to create and experiment with new processes, best practices, and technologies in their field.
- Involvement in all levels of the design and development process: Significant experience is gained that is not always available at larger companies that typically reserve serious engineering tasks for more seasoned staff.
- Direct exposure to customer management, financial management and business development.
Working in ENSCO's Rail Division provides a means to acquire a wide range of practical skills and experience in a short period of time, work on exciting and ground-breaking technology projects that impact transportation safety and offers domestic and international travel opportunities if desired.
ENSCO provides a stimulating, collaborative, multi-discipline environment with coworkers from diverse technical and cultural backgrounds working together to make the world a safer place. Come join a stable and growing company and experience the reward of seeing the results of your work make a real impact on solving some of the world's most challenging problems.
Strength in Diversity:
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.