**MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A SECURITY CLEARANCE***
Our client within the financial industry is looking to add an additional Developer II to join their team. This individual will be responsible for developing, supporting, and managing the custom applications and integration of applications across the organization. This individual is responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing application policies and procedures that ensure the integrity, quality and availability of capabilities and accompanying software. The successful candidate will be able to work individually and collaboratively to deliver sound, software solutions which meet business needs and align with strategic goals.
- Develop, modify, and test code to perform data extraction, manipulation and reporting to meet business requirements and goals.
- Work with project teams to ensure that applications meet business requirements for project completion.
- Maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to applications.
- Implement coding standards and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Deliver redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of capabilities.
- Support, maintain, and resolve software performance issues.
- Identify trends and implement efficiency improvements to optimize performance.
- Test changes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Provide help in the software development life cycle by developing plans, coding to standards, and testing. Interact with internal system users and external technical personnel as necessary to complete development and support issues
- Perform formal testing to ensure code integrity of software deployed from third party vendors as well as code custom developed within the Credit Union.
- Set expectations for delivery of code including testing and integration efforts. Deliver code according to agreed upon commitments.
- Provide guidance, training and mentoring for new programming staff.
- Perform peer reviews of programming and system updates of other programmers.
- Protect the confidentiality and integrity of financial sensitive information and maintain the technical mechanisms of legitimate access and release of the data to meet the requirements of the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA).
- Must understand the Software Lifecycle. Ability to program in .Net, Java, XML, or other server-side cross-platform languages is required.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, to build good working relationships and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Possess excellent customer service and communication skills, and strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Skilled at writing clear and concise requirements documentation and training materials, understanding user requirements, and implementing solutions.
- Capable of applying common sense understanding to carry out instructions provided in written, oral or diagram form, dealing with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations, and comprehending and documenting a complex system.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and understand network concepts
- A working knowledge of one or more of the following is a plus:
- Symitar PowerOn language
- Database systems, data analytic tecniques or financial systems
- User centered design principles and UX design best practices
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $50.00 to $55.00 /hour
- Software Development: 6 years (Required)
- Database Systems/Data Analytics: 4 years (Required)
- Java: 5 years (Required)
- PHP and Angular: 4 years (Required)
- CSS3: 4 years (Required)
- Testing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- 5 - 6 months