A Senior Web Developer is responsible for creating and managing web and mobile platform solutions for our clients. We’re looking for an expert to create web properties for our clients and manage front-end and back-end web development best practices. The Senior Developer’s day-to-day duties will include collaborating with team members to integrate designs and content into WordPress and Drupal platforms, troubleshooting existing client website issues, devising and maintaining best practices and consulting with third-party developers, and working with internal account teams and digital strategists to provide technical recommendations for client solutions.
The Senior Developer will also provide mentorship to team members through collaboration on active projects and leadership for how the team evolves.
· Full stack developer with front-end (HTML5, CSS3, SASS, modern JS frameworks like Vue or React) and back-end (PHP, MySQL) development skills.
· Build and maintain website and application features (WordPress 4.x and 5; Drupal 7 & 8 module development and configuration). Ability to handle site migrations and major version changes.
· Manage backups, parallel stage environments, end to end validation, and any testing.
· Create QA processes and best practices for development (responsive design, optimal website load times, JS and CSS minification, site caching tools, technical SEO build best practices, 508 accessibility compliance).
· Development standardization of all code and arrangement of assets. Assure vendor projects adhere to proper code structure.
· Manage server installs with hosting provider: create installs, schedule updates, troubleshoot server or website issues.
· Able to manage security for all websites; familiar with hardening WordPress and Drupal installs; familiarity with SELinux; can analyze plugins for potential security issues.
· Manage GMMB’s GitHub libraries for code repositories, responsible for all forks made to libraries, uses repositories to push changes to web hosting server. Development standardization for check-ins and branches for new development.
· Collaborate with and advise designers, UX strategist, and digital strategists on best practices for site builds.
· Advise on and integrate new product initiatives including but not limited to technology partnerships and social media initiatives.
· Manage in-house web developer and production assistant efforts: assign duties and projects, review work.
· Maintain snippet and theme libraries, git repositories, and other best practice documents.
· Looks at future of web and application building for cutting-edge ideas and concepts to advance GMMB’s portfolio of work.
· A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (preferred) or six or more years of relevant professional experience in website development and management
· Expertise with tasks related to developing sites from scratch
· Experience as a full stack developer (LAMP)
· At least five years development experience with Drupal and WordPress
· Advanced knowledge of AJAX and REST as well as server-side application/API development
· Experience managing code with Git repositories
· Excellent knowledge of responsive design principles and libraries
· Strong understanding of AWS S3, EC2, RDS, or ELB
· Can work in either waterfall or agile plans and can help lead agile ceremonies (standup meetings, sprint planning)
· Excellent overall computer management and configuration skills (Linux, Windows 10, Windows 7, IOS)
· Solid experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
· Strong collaborative/team skills, communication, writing, independent leadership skills
· Knowledge of graphic design and image manipulation in support of development efforts
· Extreme attention to detail
Job Type: Contract