Position: Senior Software Engineer (JAVA)
Mode: Long Term Contract
Number of Positions - 2
Job Location - Reston, VA
Profile: Need TWO expert level Java Developers with Ant/Gradle/Maven and advanced level Spring/Hibernate Framework; Distributed Serivce Standards (SOAP, REST, EJB); and GIT/SVN
As a Senior Software Engineer (Developer) on this team, you will have the opportunity to be involved in modernizing critical applications from on-premise solutions to cloud-centric solutions. You will get to engage in everything from the design specifications, to updating the code, to automation and testing. You will get to do this all while being surrounded by people just like you; wickedly smart and with a passion for simple and effective solutions.
BS Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or Equivalent is required.
We want to speak with you!
To be successful in this role you will need
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience with Java development.
- Experience with Distributed Service Standards (SOAP, REST, EJB).
- Proficient in any of the following programming languages, J2EE, Java, and design patterns.
- Deployed and managed mission critical applications using a number of AWS services like (not limited to) Lambda, S3, RDS, ECR, EC2, Route 53, VPC & Subnets.
- Working knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing, as well as data security in the AWS cloud environment.
- Experience building infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation, Serverless or other similar scripting techniques.
- Experience with revision code source code repositories in particular Bitbucket, GIT and SVN.
- Experience with the Agile approach of software development.
- Experience with build automation tools like Ant, Maven, Gradle.
- Working knowledge of Spring/Hibernate Framework.
- Expertise in the knowledge of programming languages, relational databases, and NoSQL databases.