Senior Python Developer
We are seeking a Senior Python Developer with experience of working with Django to join JP Morgan in Bournemouth on an initial 6 months contract on a PAYE basis. Experience with React is also advantageous but can be taught.
**Due to the current pandemic you will be required to work remotely, using your own device, until further notice so please ensure this is possible before applying. Please note you may be required to return to the office once safe to do so.**
As a Senior Python Developer you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of the bank's software development focuses on creating new applications, optimizing existing systems and reducing work through automation. You’ll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you’ll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow.
- Understand/apply reusable code design, leverage application architecture/framework capabilities and functionality, and design/develop solutions that are highly reliable, scalable, and perform to meet business-defined service levels.
- Work with Product owners to help shape the direction of the product based on a combined knowledge of what's technically feasible and what is desired by the end user.
- Conduct code reviews and ensuring quality solutions are built and tested.
- Employ Agile engineering practices; Pair Programming, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, etc.
- Identify and implement improvements to products.
- Contribute to the technical code and design documentation.
- Provide production support and issue triage for products.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline
- Extensive experience in Python Object Oriented programming is required.
- Experience in Django is required
- Experience of REACT UI Framework is advantageous.
- Knowledge of Powershell, Unix Shell scripting or SQL.
- Experience in application development preferably with Linux or Windows
- Experience working in an Agile team, Scrum preferred.
- Experience in using software development tools such as JIRA, Confluence, GIT/Bitbucket & Jenkins.
- Exposure to Micro service architecture, REST API design/development
- Experience with build automation, test driven development, continuous integration and delivery
- Strong background in Relational Databases (Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server) is advantageous