This is a contract position that can be based remotely anywhere in the U.S. Contract duration estimated to last 6-9 months.
What We're Looking For:
We are looking for a Lead Product Designer contractor to work remotely 35-40/hours a week with our internal team as well as the client's team. Someone who knows how to juggle multiple stakeholders and has a product design go-to market strategy.
At RevUnit, you'll have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of people by empowering them to work better through the products and platforms we build. Our teams are working together to transform enterprise technology, delivering work to people all around the globe every single day. If you value collaboration, exploration, and taking ownership in your work, our team has what you're looking for.
In this role, you will be leading out on an exciting body of work focused on improving and reimagining the experience of field employees, through process and technology, for one of the world's largest companies. You have a passion for your craft, and work hard to bring ideas to life. You will need to be a self-starter with the drive and ability to help us move forward, even in the absence of clear direction. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Creating wireframes
- Helping to facilitate user testing sessions
- Rapid prototyping and iterating on designs
- Operate within and expand upon establish design systems
- Create hi-fidelity interfaces
- Anything else the team needs (we're all in this together, after all)
Our design team is a diverse and deeply talented assembly of researchers, UX designers, product designers (like you), and more. We value a broad spectrum of capability in our team, as well as the expertise that comes with specialization in specific disciplines of design. The ability to quickly wireframe, prototype, and iterate based on feedback is critical to how we work. If this sounds like the kind of thing that inspires and motivates you, we'd love to hear from you.
Since 2012 we’ve been crafting extraordinary digital products, from enterprise mobile applications to premier web apps. Our mission at RevUnit has always been to inspire our product teams to solve real-world problems. We believe that starts with fostering an exceptional team culture. RevUnit has a 97% Employee Net Promoter Score, and was named one of the Best Places to Work three years in a row.
Our commitment to our people and culture helps us to be successful in solving real problems together, such as workforce transformation, or the process of innovating for enterprise employees. We’ve built world-class products for things such as task management and productivity, communication, engagement and gamification, and learning management systems. Through all of this, we are building a platform for brands to connect their people with purpose.
We're committed to hiring the best people for the job, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Empathic and kind-hearted, embody our core values of:
- Do what’s right
- Be fearless
- A little better all the time
- I’ve got your back, you got mine
- Celebrate the wins
- Strong grasp of the principles of design thinking
- Top-notch visual design skills
- Ability to create clean, organized files as you work
- Teachable and open-minded towards new ideas (especially if they aren't yours)
- Operate autonomously, with a bias toward action
- Be able to roll with the punches and adapt quickly to change
- Embrace radical candor as you form, communicate, and defend your ideas (while sitting on the receiving end of constructive criticism)
- Willingness to spend time learning and training
- Minimum 7+ years of professional experience in digital product and UI design
- Working knowledge of designing with Sketch, InVision, and other related tools
- Retail industry background preferred but not required
Helpful Qualities to Have
- Familiarity with the Agile and Lean frameworks
- Experience supporting and/or leading research initiatives and usability studies