1 day from DC, 2 days from Reston, VA/Gaithersburg, MD / 2 days Telecommute
Position Description: An exciting and challenging opportunity for a Sr. OBIEE Developer to contribute the design and development of a Case Management System on a large IT project providing application operations and maintenance, COTS integration and software development services and business solutions in the Federal Government. The Sr. OBIEE Developer will work closely with government customers and other Developers. Candidates should be proficient in OBIEE, OBIA, responsive design techniques, and Agile Scrum Methodology.
General roles & responsibilities:
- Work closely with the customer to migrate the legacy reporting system built using OBIEE 10g and 11g to OBIEE 12c.
- Work closely with the customer to enhance the current custom built data warehouse and extract, transform, and load (ETL) to support report migration. The reporting system utilizes many stored procedures and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for data integration and workflow applications for the ETL.
- Work closely with the customer in updating, enhancing and creating new ETL transformations in the enterprise data warehouse (EDW) to support loading summarized and/or detail data into tables for various reporting purposes.
- Create well defined subject areas in OBIEE Answers to allow business users to create their own reports based on the data in the data warehouse.
- Create new data marts to support the customer’s internal key performance indicators and various statistics measures
- Interact with Business Analysts and Users in gathering and analyzing and designing the Business Reports Requirements
- Develop different Dashboards/Reports with different views (Calculation, Detailed, Pivot, Charts, and Filters) and different intuitive drilldowns, drill-across and drillable charts using the OBIEE Analytics.
- Design Metadata repository – Physical layer, Business Model & Mapping layer and Presentation Layer in OBIEE .
- Define the Dimensional Hierarchy and created the Dimensional Levels for each of the dimensions in the BMM layer for Drilldowns
- Assigned Object level and Data level Security.
- Created Repository Groups and Web Groups and assigned users to configure security in OBIEE.
- Utilize session variables, repository variables and initialization blocks in the repository building and modification procedures in OBIEE.
- Create Users and Groups and managing the object level and data level security.
- Must possess at 10+ years of professional IT consulting experience.
- Must possess at least 7+ years of experience in gathering Business Requirements, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementations and Documentation of various functionalities of Data Warehouse/ Data Marts and Business Intelligence.
- Extensively worked on OBIEE 11g/10g and BI Publisher 11g/10g.
- Must have experience installing OBIEE 12c on various environments.
- Must have experience in configuring source domains with target domains.
- Must have experience in creating and generating load plans.
- Must have experience in Migrating configurations from one environment to other.
- Must have experience in configuring source systems, offering and projects.
- Must have experience in running load plans from BIACM.
- Must have experience in defining Data Loads/Report Level parameters.
- Must have experience in OBIA 11 architecture and usage of KM’s, Procedures, Variables and Load plans.
- Must have experience in customizing Business Intelligence Dashboards/Score cards with drill-down capabilities using global and local Filters, Analytics Security Setup (groups, access / query privileges), Metadata Objects and Web Catalog Objects (Dashboards, Pages, Folders and Reports).
- Must have experience on integrating OBIEE 12c with Siebel. Must have experience with configuring SSL, SSO and TLS 1.2 in OBIEE 12c.
- Must have experience in Oracle BI Answers, BI Interactive Dashboards and Oracle BI Server and Oracle BI Publisher.
- Must have experience in writing complex queries and packages.
- Must have experience in Implementing Object level as well as Data level Security.
- Must have experience in creating, modifying and administering OBIEE/Siebel Analytics Intelligence Dashboards using OBIEE/Siebel Answers, creating Agents using OBIEE/Siebel Delivers.
- Must have experience in configuring Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities using global and local Filters. Expertise in Implementing Object level as well as Data level Security.
- Must have a good understanding of dimensional modelling concepts
- Must have proficiency in writing SQL queries and Stored Procedures
- Must have hands on experience on ETL tools, preferably SSIS.
- Must have a good understanding of SQL
- Requires strong communication skills with other team members and clients
- Requires the proven ability to manage time while working on a variety of tasks
- Possess a willingness and attitude to help customers find workable solutions
- Must have experience in documentation.
- Agile development experience.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a minimum-background investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information.
- BS. degree or equivalent experience
Job Type: Contract