JMA Solutions, a leading government contractor for the Federal Aviation Administration, has a full-time opportunity for a Senior Java/Full Stack Developer. This role provides information technology services in facilities planning, operations and support; storage systems analysis, design/test, and administration; server system analysis, design/test and administration; database analysis, design/test, administration; website analysis, design/test, and administration; web application analysis, design/test and administration; LAN analysis, design/test and administration; user support planning, operations and administration; and related IT systems functions. This position is located in Herndon, VA.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, developing, troubleshooting and debugging software within a project scope ensuring that work product meets end user acceptance criteria
- Managing self-directed assignments to resolve software defects or implement features to meet schedule commitments with a high-level of quality
- Performing architecture and design of software intensive, micro-services driven and cloud-based systems under the supervision of a Solution Architect
- Estimates and scopes development tasks and makes recommendations for innovations and improvements relating to software component designs, including reviewing the work of team members completing elements of designs
- Develops and executes Accepted Test-Driven Development (ATDD) approach to ensure software quality
- Acquires knowledge of industry and company standards, tools and technology with a focus on pragmatic application to business-focused software solutions through initiative and self-study
- Strong programming skills with Java (8 and older), J2EE, Spring Framework, Spring Data / Hibernate, Spring Security, JQuery, JSON, Java Script, Angular 2/4/5, HTML, CSS and Bootstrap
- + 7 years of work experience developing in Java and J2EE (full stack)
- Extensive working experience of developing RESTFul WebServices using the Open source frameworks, i.e., Node.js, Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud)
- Extensive working experience in Maven development tool, Jenkins and Ansible
- Extensive working experience in writing queries with relational databases such as Oracle, data modeling, MySQL (or similar)
- Working experience in Agile methodologies
- Extensive working experience in XML and JSON technologies
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing NoSQL databases (such as Mongo DB)
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools and DevOps automation
- Working experience in Automated Test Driven Development (ATDD) tools using Selenium, Gherkin, Cucumber
- Working experience in testing frameworks Selenium, Cumber, JUnit/TestNG
- Demonstrated experience in using AWS or other Cloud technologies
- Sun Certified Java Professional
SECURITY CLEARANCE: The ability to successfully obtain and maintain a U.S. Suitability/Public Trust Background Clearance
EDUCATION: Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Business Systems, Management Information Systems, IT Management, or other IT Degree and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Engineering, Math, and/or Science Degrees are acceptable substitute Degrees.
SALARY: Negotiable depending on level of experience and education levels. JMA offers a full benefits package with vision, health, dental and life insurance as well as a 401k match.
JMA Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status or physical impairment.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- relevant: 8 years (Required)
- Programming: 5 years (Required)
- Federal Aviation administration (FAA): 2 years (Preferred)
- Java: 7 years (Required)
- J2EE: 7 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- One location