Nava Software Solutions is looking for a Senior Developer for one of our clients.
Senior Java Developer - FHIR/ OR HL7 Clinical java
Duration: 6 Month Contract, Potential for Extension
Location: 100% Remote
Client is looking for one of two options
- Java Developer with FHIR OR
- Java Developer with HL7 and Clinical Experience
What is HAPI-FHIR?
HAPI-FHIR is a Java software library, facilitating a built-in mechanism for adding FHIR's RESTful Server functionalities to a software application. The HAPI FHIR Java library is open source. ... It also should be annotated with particular annotations, pinpointing a RESTful operation that a particular method supports.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the design, development, testing and support of our complex on premise and cloud-based software, system and/or information solutions related to a FHIR Implementation.
- Independently perform the analysis, design and development of high volume, low latency applications for mission critical systems delivering high-availability and performance to best meet customer needs.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code to support varied and more complex IT solutions.
- Provide strong technical expertise and collaborate with other IT specialists to rapidly develop and deliver stunning solutions that meet changing business needs.
- Quickly understand and absorb the technology platform Eco-systems which will enable
- Perform all necessary discovery and fact finding to fully understand more complex business problems and opportunities and independently execute all assignments.
- Evaluate options and make solution buy vs. build recommendations to management when requested.
- Analyze and recommend solutions to development and production issues while effectively communicating to the project team, applicable vendors and/or the manager in a timely manner.
- Research and stay abreast of technology trends and IT best practices, with a focus on continuous learning and possible application to the business.
- Provide direction and assistance to less experienced team members.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or another relevant technical field OR Associate's degree specifically in computer science. Candidates with non-technical degrees may be considered with the completion of a relevant technical certification program.
- 5 years development experience.
- With no degree, 7 years of experience required.
- Direct experience with one or more development language/technology listed (i.e. HAPI FHIR, Java, Spring Framework, Angula.js, Node.js, SQL (Postgres),etc).
- Experience collaborating effectively with vendors and business partners for solution delivery.
- FHIR/ Clinical/ HL7 Expeirence to Have
- Experience with software development tools and platforms (i.e. HAPI FHIR, Open Source, Spring Framwork, Eclipse, Mulesoft Anypoint Studio, JBOSS DevStudio, Github, Kafka, SoapUI, Postman).
- Experience with testing methodologies with the stated major development language(s)/technology.
- Experience with a major relational database management system preferred
- Experience with NoSQL databases is also a plus.
- Experience with Linux operating system is a plus. RHEL preferred.
- Knowledge of messaging engines is helpful.
- Experience with RESTful services and JSON preferred.
- Cloud experience preferred.
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills to facilitate effective working relationships with varied stakeholders and team members, including vendors.
- Ability to manage and/or participate in projects and ensure work is completed on time with high quality
- Strong problem-solving skills, with a focus on understanding overall business issues and determining innovative solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-directed, highly organized and adaptable with the ability to effectively multi-task as needed
- Familiar with current and emerging technologies and has the willingness to investigate and suggest new technology to meet business needs.