The candidate will participate in a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to the sustainment and modernization of the EDI systems improving existing solutions and creating new solutions (Angular, Node.js, and Web Development).
Responsibilities and Duties
The candidate will be responsible for the provision of software design and development services in support of maintenance, enhancements and modernization
- Develop new user-facing features, ensuring technical feasibility
- Maintain previous software application deployments
- Optimize existing or new applications for speed and scalability
- In an Agile framework, document, design, develop, test and integrate software functionality for various components
- Perform high-level root cause analysis in support of service interruption recovery as well as creating and documenting preventive measures.
- Work as a strong team contributor and providing technical expertise.
- Identify performance issues and trends in operational systems.
- Provide recommendations for process and configuration improvements.
- Document system configurations and dependencies.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering management or other engineering or technical discipline and 8+ years of software development experience. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Proven work experience as a Front-end developer
- 2+ years of experience in the field of Healthcare Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and/or HL7 messaging.
- Must be able to obtain a NACI clearance or higher
- Experience controlling source code in Git and Gihub and formal configuration management practices
- Working knowledge of Section 508 Compliance
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS, and Azure
- Expertise with multiple external applications and environments such as, but not limited to healthcare billing clearinghouses, Information Assurance applications and/or insurance companies.
- Collaborator, self-starter, strategic providing input to technical design to meet project objectives
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and deliver results key milestones targets
- Proven experience in developing and supporting large development initiatives that are similar in scope and complexity
- Experience in a Scrum Agile environment
- Proficient knowledge of MS applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio)
- Develop solutions that integrate with existing VA architecture
- Program using industry standard methods
- Understanding or experience of software development and integration processes in multiple environments
- Experience in Agile Methodologies
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
- Java: 8 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- 5 - 6 months
- One location
- Monday to Friday