Software Development Engineer
Revert, Inc. is a global leader in delivering on-site services that focus on the two primary risks associated with secure enterprise IT asset disposition: data sanitization and electronic waste management. Revert delivers services to thousands of customers worldwide. Revert’s customers include members of the top 20 financial services and healthcare companies in the Global 2000. Revert is a privately held company headquartered in Boulder County, Colorado, with offices in Toronto, London, and Hong Kong.
Revert’s Verity™ Eradication Software is used to sanitize hard disk drives, solid state drives, and NAND flash-based storage devices that store data throughout the enterprise. You will be providing Level 1 support for this software.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Coding and debugging in pair programming environment, leveraging hands-on experience with Python and C/C++ programming expertise and experimental design.
- Research and implement innovative ways to test/validate software features and functions with cross-functional teams.
- Creating and maintaining technical and process documents.
- Develop critical framework modules on top of real-time OS.
- Methodically identify root causes of complex failure mechanisms, and work under pressure for quick resolution and fix delivery.
What You Bring To The Team:
- BS in computer science or equivalent
- At least five (5) years of hands-on coding experience and proficiency in:
- Linux kernel or protocol development in servers, networking, and storage systems.
- Linux implementation and operation in RAID server and storage environments.
- Agile development and continuous integration in development projects.
- Working knowledge of Linux virtualization tools, or data path technologies such as DPDK.
- Solid knowledge of end-to-end best practices for quality and security in software development.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Good working knowledge and skills in the following areas are highly desirable:
- Server and storage firmware; BIOS; device drivers; databases; system, network, operating system; protocols and associated tools and utilities.
- Server, storage, networking, and disk drive technologies and industry standards such as CIFS, iSCSI, NFS, NVMe, iSCSI, SCSI (SAS, FC), ATA (SATA), and protocols such as eMMC, NFS, SMB, UFS.
What's in it for You:
- A great opportunity to cultivate new technical expertise and acquire new hands-on skills.
- A role in a growing and innovative organization/company.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $82,000.00 - $102,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We follow all local, state, federal, and customer guidelines.
- Python: 5 years (Required)
- Linux: 5 years (Required)
- C++: 5 years (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
Relocation Assistance Provided:
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place