We are seeking a QA Tester for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Reston, VA. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and implementing System/Integration testing strategy, test plans, test processes, test scenarios, and test cases. Additional responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Performs Systems Testing
- Identify and prepare test data for testing using SQL queries
- Communicate with Business/Systems Analysts and Developers to understand/clarify requirements
- Identify, report, and manage defects in defect tracking system
- Provide status reports per Project requirements and provide input to the Project Plans and Processes
- Identify and communicate risks to Project team
- Provide regular updates to the Test/Project Manager
- Provide technical information for Change Requests meetings
- Participate in systems requirement reviews and team meetings when necessary
- Maintain Project’s test and automation documentation
- Participate in Systems Integration Testing with vendors or clients under test lead’s guidance
- Participate in collection and review of quantitative data related to software testing and development activities for measurement and analysis as required.
- Maintain testing work products to comply with PPQA reviews and audits which is to ensure compliance with documented plans, procedures, and standards as required.
- 6+ years’ experience with software quality assurance required with some experience in large scaled complex projects
- Worked with web based applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL for creating/modifying queries is a must.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Test Plan and Test Case writing and defect management and use of various test management tools
- Experience with automation tools, using basic Unix for file manipulation and basic shell scripting, XML creation and validation tools
- Experience testing web services/API using tools such as SOAP UI, Postman
- Worked in AWS and DevOps.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Thorough understanding of all phases of SDLC required and various testing types such as Systems, Integration, UAT etc.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to do presentations and walk throughs with Systems and Business personnel
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment under deadlines in a changing environment.
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously,
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
- Must be organized and detail oriented
Additional Skills / Knowledge Preferred:
- Healthcare Industry experience is a plus.
- Experience testing in Agile/SCRUM environments
- Experience with CMMI Maturity Level 3 organizations.
- Worked in Microservices architecture environment is a plus
BS/BA - Preferred field of study: Computer Science; Engineering; Math; or Statistics
This role will be based onsite in Reston, VA. This role will convert a full time employee after the first 6 months of the contract duration. Due to the Federal projects being supported, applicants must be authorized to work for any employer without sponsorship.