Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
As a Principal Cloud Architect you will provide technical direction and support for Vertafore’s corporate vision with both a deep and broad specialization in multiple domain areas. You will help the CTO and Enterprise Architecture Team unify products and systems to a common cloud platform, define standard principles and frameworks for consistency across Vertafore, and provide knowledge and support to the Vertafore development community to increase adoption of enterprise or domain-specific standards.
Your communication skills will help disseminate our technical vision, guidelines, and technologies to other architects and developments teams, Product Management, Operations teams, and Executives across Vertafore.
Principal Cloud Architects translate business requirements into implementable cloud-based solutions that balance cost, speed of delivery, and value while leveraging existing technologies and standards whenever possible.
As a hands-on architect you will work with teams of engineers to transform the way our customers do business. The challenges you will face include designing our next generation of cloud based products, building micro service-based applications that can deliver flexible capabilities to different user bases, and providing technical leadership to teams to achieve Vertafore’s product vision through active mentoring, technical decision-making, and driving and facilitating company-wide collaboration.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Architect and implement DevOps support for highly scalable and available microservices-based applications, including build, deploy, management, and observability
· Work with a cross-functional team of enterprise and software architects to transform the company’s solutions and services into a modern cloud-native architecture.
· Develop a strong automation practice to drive efficiencies in infrastructure, DevOps and application deployments
· Provide support in upgrading DevOps infrastructure for existing products and greenfield development
· Coordinate with software development teams in developing and implementing software applications
· Mentor Sr. Engineers, Architects and Sr. Architects in both DevOps and application development
· Assist Managers in analyzing project requirements and project design
· Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes ensuring highest quality product platform
· Collaborate with peer organizations to develop software applications
· Assist in development of design documents, white papers, training documents and software architectural documents
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Amazon Web Services (AWS) expertise with a DevOps and QOS mindset is critical to success in this role
· Experience architecting, building, deploying, and managing microservice-based SaaS applications using Kubernetes, Docker, and related technologies in a multi-tenant cloud environment
· Deep understanding of micro-service-based architectures and building performing, scalable and durable solutions in cloud environments
· Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks
· Cloud Application Design patterns and frameworks (for e.g. service discovery, circuit breaker, and 12 factor)
· Experience with various access control models and standards, including SSO and ID Federation
· Proficient in NoSQL and Relational Databases. PostgreSQL experience desired
· Experience with event-driven architectures and messaging systems (Kafka, Kinesis)
· Working knowledge in application, system, and network security
· Demonstrable interest in emerging / nascent technologies
· Highly proficient in communicating technical issues with developers, product owners, executives, and other stakeholders
· Experience acting as a technical liaison between Product Management, Development, and Operations
· Able to express complex concepts in plain language for greater understanding across teams / departments
· Experience with producing System Architecture diagrams and supporting documentation
· Extensive experience planning, leading, and reporting on code reviews
· 10+ years’ experience designing and building software applications
· Full stack development experience
Additional Requirements and Details:
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.
THE VERTAFORE STORY
Over the past 50 years, Vertafore has advanced the entire insurance distribution channel with the best software solutions in the industry. Today, we’re proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, reduce costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight— right when customers need it most. We partner with other leading technology companies to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve the way our customers do business and serve their customers.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That’s why, at Vertafore, it’s our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.