1. Define and develop performance test plans and automated scripts using industry standard testing tools. Executes performance test, analyze and evaluate test results; generate performance metric reports and provide recommendations.
2. Assists with analyzing test and operational problems to determine presence and scope of potential code defects. Reports errors through a structured defect tracking process. Communicates weekly with management verbally and via written detail status report regarding potential problems and concerns.
3. Review and analyze business & system requirements and specifications for performance testability.
4. Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of testing tools. Expand business knowledge of product benefits, corporate policies, division and department goals and department procedures.
5. Work with functional Tester and Development counterparts to ensure adequate coverage for upcoming releases and keep up-to data with system changes that impact performance testing.
6. Assists and coordinates with customers, the research, analysis and proposed solutions to test discrepancies and test scenarios. Verify satisfaction of internal and external customer’s request and obtain information to create test data.
7. Participates in project work group meetings (internal/external peer reviews, walk through, status meetings, JAD sessions etc.)
8. Participates in system architecture change reviews and assessment of system capacity impacts. Benchmarks system performance.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical discipline, 3 of which must be in automated software and enterprise testing
- 1+ years of experience in performance testing concepts and techniques
- Experience with at least 2 relational database management systems (e.g., DB2, Oracle, SQL)
- Experience with the following performance testing toolsets: HP Performance Center / Loadrunner, CA (Wily Introscope),
- Proven proficiency with: SQL and PL/SQL
- Strong understanding of Server, Network, Virtualization and Database concepts.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), quality assurance life cycle and testing methodologies
- Strong understanding of performance testing concepts, types of system performance tests and their goals
- Experience with defect tracking tools (e.g., Bugzilla, PVCS Tracker, ClearQuest, HP ALM)
Job Type: Contract